Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Not receiving texts when they're sent

I'm a new user, and I find I'm getting a lot of my text messages hours later, sometimes the next day! Is this a network issue, or could it be my new phone? Samsung Galaxy S3.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
That definitely shouldn't be happening. Is this happening with everyone you text or just certain people? If its only certain people, it could be them (their phone or carrier)
Userlevel 7
i dont think there was any service issue recently but im not to sure. try a battery pull out first and try resetting network settings. If it is before 15 days, you can return the phone and get a new one.
No, it seems to be anyone who texts me. The messages I send go out immediately. I've tried a battery pull, and it didn't make a difference.
Userlevel 7
Erika C. wrote:

No, it seems to be anyone who texts me. The messages I send go out immediately. I've tried a batt...

what about the coverage in your area?
Erika C. wrote:

No, it seems to be anyone who texts me. The messages I send go out immediately. I've tried a batt...

It seems to be fine. I have no trouble with dropped calls or anything like that.
Userlevel 7
This may be a crap shoot but can you go to Settings > Date and Time > Ensure that its under "automatic" for both time and time zone?

Otherwise it may be a faulty SIM card on your end. Go to the store you bought it from, explain the issue, and have them replace it for you. See if the issue persists. If it continues, it could be something wrong with the phone and have them replace it for you as well (15 days for refund/exchange for different phone or 30 days for DOA exchange). I don't think there were any network issues reported recently.