Koodo Community
Solved

Not receiving texts from Australian bank

• 28 April 2021
  • 4 replies

My Australian bank is trying to send security text messages to my Koodo number, but I am not receiving them. The bank explained that Telus and Rogers block certain Australian bank numbers and I have to ask for the block to be lifted so I can receive them. 

How do I get the network to lift the block on the numbers?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 28 April 2021, 02:29

The bank flagged Telus and Rogers as the networks that block their specific numbers. So do I ask Koodo or Telus to lift the network ban on these specific numbers. Seems it’s a known issue 

Could you provide an official link to those information? Anyone could claim anything by typing or saying. There are many factors especially you are using a foreign bank.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There isn’t any block that I am aware of.

Most of the time, it was the limitation of the shortcode number sent by the bank itself. For example, RBC Bank only promise that they can send to certain carriers in US/Canada http://www.rbc.com/sms/en/

Anyway, you could try to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to look into the case. Also, you could ask your bank about compatible Canadian carriers.

The bank flagged Telus and Rogers as the networks that block their specific numbers. So do I ask Koodo or Telus to lift the network ban on these specific numbers. Seems it’s a known issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you provide an official link to those information? Anyone could claim anything by typing or saying. There are many factors especially you are using a foreign bank.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mr B By The Sea Can you pls share the bank’s name? Not aware of any blocking but the name may help look into things further.