Koodo Community

Not receiving phone calls

• 23 August 2020
  • 12 replies

Switched to Koodo from Fido. I’m connected to the Koodo network and I can receive some calls from a few numbers, but not from Koodo callback service and other numbers.

Can someone please look into this for me? Not sure how to proceed if I can’t connect with a callback.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can call out and receive, and send SMS. The only affected service is incoming calls.

I understand that it’s not a livechat, but I can’t accept phone calls still and it’s a frustrating issue to be paying for a service you can’t receive. I need to be answering calls for appointments etc. and I can’t seem to get support from a Koodo support person? I sent PMs to both Twitter and Facebook two days ago.

They are having a back-to-school promotion, that could be the reason for the delay.

Anyway, can you  call the Telus/Koodo porting center at 1.844.232.7678? I think that center can also check your porting status.

Regarding the incoming calls, I assumed you were not on “do not disturb” mode?

I can call out and receive, and send SMS. The only affected service is incoming calls.

I understand that it’s not a livechat, but I can’t accept phone calls still and it’s a frustrating issue to be paying for a service you can’t receive. I need to be answering calls for appointments etc. and I can’t seem to get support from a Koodo support person? I sent PMs to both Twitter and Facebook two days ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Still waiting to hear back from someone with Koodo?

Not sure what to do because I don’t have access to another phone right now and I’m not getting through to anyone on social media. 

The Facebook messaging isn't a live chat. I think the rep might answer you tomorrow. 

Regarding the number, can you call out and can you receive/send sms? 

Still waiting to hear back from someone with Koodo?

Not sure what to do because I don’t have access to another phone right now and I’m not getting through to anyone on social media. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

eh, in that case, you could schedule a callback to a number that you can receive incoming calls. (it doesn’t have to be your own number). Another way is to chat with a rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or twitter DM.

Hey thanks for the reply.

I just checked my self-serve and I see that there is an error message:

“Transfer status: Pending”

Transfer status: We are having a problem transferring your number 778-256-1829. Please go to koodo.com/chat and enter "#HelpSS" to schedule a callback.

Obviously, I can’t schedule a callback if I can’t receive phone calls. 

Where should I proceed from here?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve sent PMs on both platforms but I have yet to get a response. Is there some sort of direct line I can call to get ahold of someone from the Port Administration team?

As it stands, I still can’t receive phone calls...

If you have been with Koodo for more than 2months. The issue might not be porting but something else. I would suggest you sign into selfserve and see if your account is in good standing. You could also try to restart your phone. Also, how is your texting?, can you send/receive SMS normally?

And by the way, as of now, what the the status of the network on the phone, was it “Koodo” or “No service” or “No SIM”?

I’ve sent PMs on both platforms but I have yet to get a response. Is there some sort of direct line I can call to get ahold of someone from the Port Administration team?

As it stands, I still can’t receive phone calls...

Hello,

You can send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we can check your account with our colleagues from Port Administration team. 

All the best,

Helen

Thank you, I have sent PMs on both Facebook and Twitter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

You can send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we can check your account with our colleagues from Port Administration team. 

All the best,

Helen

How long ago did you switch? It can take a little bit of time for a number to fully port over.

I have been with Koodo for 2 months now. I only realized that I’m not receiving calls recently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long ago did you switch? It can take a little bit of time for a number to fully port over.