Koodo Community
Question

Not receiving data usage notifications

• 10 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I am not receiving data usage notifications. I have been receiving them regularly up until this month. My account is set up to receive these notifications. What’s the problem?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Check your self serve account to make sure that the setup has not changed

It's easy to turn your data notifications on and off in Self Serve (as long as you have authority on the account). Just follow the steps below.

1. Log into your Self Serve account.
  2. On the Overview page, select View usage on your dashboard.
  3. Select Change data settings on your data metre to get to the data settings page.
  4. Once selected, check the box Yes, send phone number data limit text alerts to turn your notifications on, uncheck this box to turn notifications off.

If it is still set to receive data limit text messages, check your block numbers list to make sure that the koodo number sending the text alerts is not blocked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you mentioning about the warning texts for data usage from Koodo or usage warning within the phone?

If it was about the text notification alert from Koodo, you could check your selfserve as nim4165 mentioned. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/data-usage-alerts 

If it was the data usage alert within your phone, you would have to check mobile data usage setting in your phone.

Thanks for all your help. Text notification alert from Koodo has been set up for years. I checked my account again and it is indeed set up to send notifications. Data usage within phone is fine. Thanks again for your effort.