I’m currently in Singapore and need to send message and receive OTP from Canada. However, I found my phone is not connected to any mobile carrier right now so I’m unable to receive messages.
I read multiple article and it claimed anyone should be able to receive message when abroad but it’s not the case with me. Please help
- Currently in Singapore
- Mobile type: OnePlus 6T (Android)
- Currently on Monthly $45 plan:
- Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
- 3 GB of Shock-Free Data
- Unlimited international messaging
- Koodo VoLTE Access
- Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance
Step that has taken:
- Is Roaming enabled in your your cell settings?
- Is your network setting set manually to ‘koodo’?
Is it the same as APN? if yes, it is set to: Koodo SP (sp.koodo.com)
- Is your ‘automatic network selection’ enabled?
- Do you have “international voice roaming” add-on:
Can’t find this add-on in self-service
- Have you restart your phone:
Yes, multiple time
- Have you give it time to connect:
Yes, waited for hours
Best answer by Dinh
Did you try to add in selfserve or you send a text to the short code?
If you are overseas, you can’t use the shortcode method. It only works with your self-serve. If that didn’t work, contact Koodo rep directly by Facebook messaging or Twitter so someone can assist you.