Koodo Community
Solved

Not able to receive incoming calls on Easy Roam

• 11 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, I am travelling internationally on my Koodo plan and have Easy Roam activated. My rate plan is $15 a month, 0 minutes, 1GB shock data.

I am able to receive/send texts, make outgoing calls but not receive incoming calls. Anyone calling me, hears ringing and the message at the end: “181, the user cannot be reached”. At my end however, I do not hear any ringing.

Requesting if anyone knows how to resolve this.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 11 October 2020, 03:39

If call back doesn't work, you can contact them though Facebook Messenger of Twitter DM. Meanwhile i usually recommend to just get a local SIM, it's probably so much cheaper that way!

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems to me that you are on a data only plan… I have never heard of the $15 0 minutes 1 GB plan actually. 

Edit: oh I see it now, you’re on the tablet plan. I’m surprised you can call or send/receive text messages at all… I would be VERY careful because you probably end up paying through the nose! As for being called, it is impossible indeed.

Do you have a regular plan with Koodo?

I have had this plan since December last year. It’s possible that they have discontinued it. 

There are charges for outgoing/incoming calls. I don’t use this number often since travelling to Australia last December. Just wanted a low rate plan to keep the connection and number active for when I return to Canada.

Userlevel 7

I assume that your ‘Roaming’ is enabled and your Network setting is set to ‘Automatically select network’. Since you have not mentioned your international location, it is possible that the local provider that your phone has selected cannot provide the full range of services you wish to use. Try to select other local providers and use the provider that provides the best performance for the services that you need to use.

Oh, I didn’t realize that it’s a tablet plan, thanks for that! I had a regular plan prior to changing to this current plan once I travelled out of Canada last December.

I am not able to change the plan now, it’s asking me to have a scheduled call back with a rep. Let me try that option. Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If call back doesn't work, you can contact them though Facebook Messenger of Twitter DM. Meanwhile i usually recommend to just get a local SIM, it's probably so much cheaper that way!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh yes it is quite capable of talk and text. It's just very expensive to dissuade people for using it for anything besides data.

Definitely just get something in Australia. It's like a dollar a gig down there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@sidg Pls contact us on Facebook if you need help changing the plan as callback is only offered on Canadian numbers.  Depending on how long you are staying overseas our roaming solution may or may no appeal to you. For international travel it $12 a day to use your phone like you were back in Canada.  It maxes out to $150 per month, so if you use your phone every day it may or may not make sense. More info here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

Safe travels!