Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No SIM card/emergency calls only

I have been faithfully paying my bills on time. My phone now says "no sim card/emergency calls only". I have restarted the phone but no luck. What else can I do?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
What phone do you have?
Samsung Galaxy S II. I removed and put back the sim card, but still no luck.
Userlevel 7
Settings Wireless ans network More Mobile network Make sure "Use 2G Only" or " Use GSM only " aren't selected
My network mode says GSM/HPA (Automode) is selected. The other two options, GSM only and HSPA only are not selected.
Userlevel 7
Is your network selection on Automatic ?
where do I check that out?
Userlevel 7
Bernice Janssen wrote:

The very same menu as above. If its on automatic, change it to manual, your phone will perform a scan that could take about two minutes. When its done you should be presented with a list of available networks. Choose Koodo or Telus. If its already on manual, change it to Automatic
Bernice Janssen wrote:

Bought phone at London Drugs yesterday.  They said you had some problem with the internet and this should be corrected by now.  However, phone still says "No SIM Card".  What is wrong?  Phone no. is 604-308-3416
Userlevel 7
Bernice Janssen wrote:

Did you activate the Sim card? Are you sure the Sim card is in the slot and seated properly? What phone did you get?
Bernice Janssen wrote:

Had same problem 4 years ago.  The sim card died, go to Koodo shop and have them check it for you.  They should replace a new one for free, that was what they did for me 4 years ago.