Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No signall

I just move to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, and where every one around me as perfect signal. i simply don't, i would call 611 to see about this issue but i can't as i have no signal, i am currently looking for a job so it is a major issue for me right now. What can be done by Koodo, or should i just consider changing carrier??

8 replies

Userlevel 6
There is likely nothing wrong with the network, it's probably your phone. Pull the SIM card and the battery and often that solves the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It could also be that they have old CDMA phones like old blackberry phones which run on the a CDMA network and newer phones run on HSPA.
i can't take the battery out. kits an iPhone!
Userlevel 7
Still turn off phone, take out SIM card, wait a minute, and put it back in. Coverage looks solid around Cape Breton, according to the map, but I know it's not 100% accurate and there are some spotty areas... do you know who the service providers are for the other people around you?
Jonathan I wrote:

Still turn off phone, take out SIM card, wait a minute, and put it back in. Coverage looks sol...

Virgin, and they have no troubles, i have reset and removed the SIM card but no difference, it doesn't even work at the university!
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Still turn off phone, take out SIM card, wait a minute, and put it back in. Coverage looks sol...

Put your phone on airplane mode and then switch back. Guaranteed it's the phone and not the network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can do a hard reset on the iPhone: Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep button at the same time, until the Apple logo appears
Userlevel 6
Can you check if 3G is enabled? If it's not then you won't be getting any service for sure.