Koodo Community

Community

Solved

*NO SATISFACTION WITH GUARANTEE*

I have a BIG problem with my phone that I bought from Koodo, in Moncton, NB. (Canada). It simply stopped working just like that ... I was on a call and bang, stopped functionning. I phoned Koodo...at first, they told me that they would send me some kind of package in order for me to return my phone. Then, they told me they couldn't because my phone was inactive. Hell yes, it's inactive ....IT DOESN'T WORK !!!! Now, I'm left with a cell that's not working and the guarantee runs out on the 31st of August, 2013 !!! I'm really disappointed in their *so-called* service.

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Based on what I read, am I wrong to assume you have another phone on the account that you are using as a replacement for the phone that doesn't work?
Userlevel 1
So...what's your question?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Based on what I read, am I wrong to assume you have another phone on the account that you are usi...

Yes, I have a home phone but not with Koodo.
Starfox wrote:

So...what's your question?

Oups, my question would be: What can I do to get satisfaction from the guarantee ??
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Based on what I read, am I wrong to assume you have another phone on the account that you are usi...

What I mean is, are you currently using another cell phone on your account as a replacement for the cell phone that isn't working?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

No. This was my first cell-phone, didn't want to have to pay cash for another one. This one cost me $ 169.50 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Not quite understanding here; do you have an active koodo account or did you cancel your Koodo service? Because if you've cancelled service then there is no way they'll be able to send a return mailer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When they say inactive do they mean you account is inactive? Did you cancel your account or plan?
Dennis wrote:

When they say inactive do they mean you account is inactive? Did you cancel your account or plan?

Yes, they mean is inactive. I didn't cancel anything.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Your account shouldnt be inactive just because your phone is broken. However it sounds like your service go cut. Is your phone's other functions working? Is it just the cellular service that is down? If so I would call Koodo back (1-866-995-6636) and find out why your account has become inactive. Maybe a payment didnt go through or someone closed down your account
Dennis wrote:

Thank you for that phone number, I'll try again .....
Userlevel 4
Dennis wrote:

Please give us an update when you have the detaisl as to what they meant by "inactive." I am very curious lol
Dennis wrote:

They asked me for the model number .... they said I had to click as if I was making a call. But the problem is that the cell won't even open to make a call. On the box that the cell was in, there's some kind of number ... I thought that was the model number but I guess it isn't.
Userlevel 4
Dennis wrote:

When you remove the battery from the phone, there is a label underneath on the phone still. That label should have the details they are looking for. I don't see why they would need that since when looking at the account, it would show the agent warranty details based on the phone that is currently attached to your number...
Dennis wrote:

I will give you an update. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

What kind of phone is it?
Userlevel 7
I suggest you go back to the place you bought it from and have them troubleshoot it. Something's wrong here. Either the SIM is defective or the phone's messed up or the rep simply didn't activate it properly.