Koodo Community

No phone service

• 15 September 2018
  • 7 replies

Is anyone else having this issue? None of my family's phone service is working on the Koodo system and it is not the phones as they are both android and Apple phones.
How do we ask Koodo what is going on? Answers not apparent in their self serve section... Not impressed havi g not a single phone working.
Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Mtlguy : Have you checked your selfserve and see if your account was active? was there any overdue? Was your phone working in the same area before?

Which area are you in? could it be a local outage?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Mtlguy : Have you checked your selfserve and see if your account was active? was there any overdue? Was your phone working in the same area before?

Which area are you in? could it be a local outage?

Can you check if your friends and family who are with koodo/Telus are also having issues in your city?

Have you tried restarting your phone?
the plan and everything else about the account is fine. My entire family (3 other phones) cannot connect to the network. We are all in the (613) area code, but KOODO does not provide any info as to any problems they are experiencing.
Their customer service is by far the worse I have encountered. No way to contact them to get a prompt reply, send an email and they'll try to get back to you within 24-48hrs, ridicoulous!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
the plan and everything else about the account is fine. My entire family (3 other phones) cannot connect to the network. We are all in the (613) area code, but KOODO does not provide any info as to any problems they are experiencing.

Were you living close by to any Koodo/Telus Kiosk? You could also go there and ask them to check on the phone. I would also try to restart the phone and see if can do anything.

You could also send message to their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo) to avoid the wait on phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So if you ask other people with Koodo / Telus no one has issues? You can try reseating your sim cards and restarting. It seems more like a back end issue related to your account though . Unfortunately right now there's no dedicated line to tech support to file. Best you can do is as Dinh suggested for filing a ticket.
I'm having lots of issues as well and I'm in the 613 area code too. Had no problems for over 5 yrs at my residence. Now it's dropped calls or no service almost all the time.
Have contacted Koodo 3 times about this and still no progress has been made.
They even had the audacity to tell me that I should "upgrade" my phone because they are "phasing out"
the 3G and going with the LTE4G. But why would I spend money on a new phone when I still won't get any better service.
When I drive 2 1/2 kms north of my residence I have full bars on my phone and no problems making or receiving calls. Same thing when I go about 3 kms south of this location.
No one at Koodo seems to be able to answer my question as to why all of a sudden in the last 3 months I've been having problems. Worked fine for 5 yrs and then now nothing. Many of my friends who are with Koodo are having the same problem as well. (So see it's not just my phone).
I'm presently seriously looking into other service providers and so are my friends.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm having lots of issues as well and I'm in the 613 area code too. Had no problems for over 5 yrs at my residence. Now it's dropped calls or no service almost all the time.
Have contacted Koodo 3 times about this and still no progress has been made.
They even had the audacity to tell me that I should "upgrade" my phone because they are "phasing out"
the 3G and going with the LTE4G. But why would I spend money on a new phone when I still won't get any better service.
When I drive 2 1/2 kms north of my residence I have full bars on my phone and no problems making or receiving calls. Same thing when I go about 3 kms south of this location.
No one at Koodo seems to be able to answer my question as to why all of a sudden in the last 3 months I've been having problems. Worked fine for 5 yrs and then now nothing. Many of my friends who are with Koodo are having the same problem as well. (So see it's not just my phone).
I'm presently seriously looking into other service providers and so are my friends.

So it was specific in your local area group? (if so it wasn't about 613). What phone are you using? I would suggest you test the SIM in another phone and see if it helps.

As you contacted Koodo already, you could also try another carrier and see if that improves. Koodo is using Telus/Bell network, so you would have to pick another carriers out of that group.