Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no internet connection- Motorola

connects to wifi, but mysteriously lost wireless connection

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
. Are sure your data connection is enabled within the settings of your device. Also make sure your APN Settings for Koodo are correct in the wireless settings of the settings menu of your phone. KOODO APN SETTINGS Name: KOODO APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: leave blank Password: leave blank Server: leave blank MMSC: http ://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc MMS Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 MMS Port: 80 MCC: 302 MNC: 220 Authentication type: No set APN type: No set Tap menu key, then tap Save. Make sure the radio button is selected to activate data. The frequencies are compatible so it should work.
Thanks, but I saw this in the FAQs and already tried this fix. Are there any other settings that could account for a sudden loss of network connectivity?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Greg Hamilton wrote:

Thanks, but I saw this in the FAQs and already tried this fix. Are there any other settings that ...

Does calling and texting work?
Yes, calling and text works. Mobile Data is 'On', so I'm a lost as to why email/internet doesn't work...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Greg Hamilton wrote:

Yes, calling and text works. Mobile Data is 'On', so I'm a lost as to why email/internet doesn...

Does picture messaging work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In the mobile networks window of settings (same place you turn mobile data on/off or edit Access Point Names, toggle Network mode to exclude LTE. Paul Deschamps has recommended this in the past and it has helped some customers.
No, picture messaging does NOT work... does that give you some ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Log into self serve and see if you have a data block on your account under add-ons
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Log into self serve and see if you have a data block on your account under add-ons

Has there been any unusually large amount of data used? CRTC tells providers to block the account once overage hits a certain dollar amount.