Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no dial tone on home phone

Our Wifi Home phone has stopped working. I think this is a problem in that the old number was with Rogers. Initially everything worked fine  until our home phone service billing ceased with Rogers and they possibly kept our number. Koodo support has been useless so far. We have powered off and on the system several times and I have seen them reset the system at their end as far as the SIM and modem. What has to happen is that they get the number back from Rogers so we can use it, in my opinion.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you explain exactly what happened, Nick? I don't understand the story... Did you sign up for wireless home service with Koodo and ported in your Rogers number? When did you sign up?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was call forwarding ever set up on the Rogers number to forward to the Koodo number?
No. the Koodo number was supposed to be a direct port of the Rogers one. It worked up to 3 days ago just fine. As I said, I think the problem is that when Rogers quit supporting the number is when Koodo lost it. I suggested possibly changing the Koodo home phone number to see it that would free up the dialtone but the wife really wants to keep our old one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you called out, did it actually show your Rogers number as your caller ID? And when people called your old Rogers number, did your Koodo unit ring?

We ported our landline across as well and it took about 3 days, but during the porting process our old landline still rang until it was all completed. That is why I'm puzzled what could have gone wrong with your port.

When a port is complete, the old provider releases the number to the new provider, it definitely shouldn't get lost in the process. 

I will flag your post for someone from Koodo to look at it - we are only volunteers and can't view your account of course. To make it easier for them, is the email you signed up with here on the forum the same as your self service account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe just a simple double check that your phone cable is connected at both ends properly and if your using a wireless phone with it make sure that the phone and the wireless home phone unit are both plugged into the power outlet and to each the wireless unit and the wireless home phone unit it's self.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Like Paul said, it could be a mechanical failure, Rick... Koodo just confirmed your port went fine and your Rogers number is active on your new Koodo line. Your wife doesn't have to worry about having lost your number... and I'm sure the rest can be sorted too 🙂
Userlevel 5
Why is this questions deemed to be answered?  There is no indication tht the problems has been solved.

It turned out to be the modem itself! We got it replaced with a new SIM and everything works as it should. The fact it took a week and a half to determine this was a bit discouraging.