Koodo Community

no data please

• 11 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I was told when i started an account for my daughter that i could downgrade her plan to no data.  Why is that not an option when i log in to self serve and try to change her plan?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan she currently have ( how much?). Did you buy a phone too?

What plans do you see when you login to self serve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The No data plan costs $35 which means it will be available for Not Tab and Tab Basic plans only.  What tab does the line have?

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone

She currently has a $45/1 GB data plan with unlimited text call.  We did buy the phone at the same time we activated the account.  It must be a med tab but I honestly don’t remember.  The $35 no data plan doesn’t show up when I log in.  The sales associate told me it was an option though after the first 2 or 3 months (can’t remember).  I know that he did because I asked specifically, I never wanted nor needed data on the phone and was reassured that I could remove it.  Did he lie?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

She currently has a $45/1 GB data plan with unlimited text call.  We did buy the phone at the same time we activated the account.  It must be a med tab but I honestly don’t remember.  The $35 no data plan doesn’t show up when I log in.  The sales associate told me it was an option though after the first 2 or 3 months (can’t remember).  I know that he did because I asked specifically, I never wanted nor needed data on the phone and was reassured that I could remove it.  Did he lie?

You needed to buy a phone and wanted use Tab M which requires minimum of $45/mo plan. 
You could downgrade to $35/mo plan. But it’s different Tab size. So you have to pay off your tab balance and Tab bonus all at once to do it.

If you wanted $35 at the start, you could choose No Tab means buy a phone at full cost, or use Tab basic which means you needed to pay more upfront and less Tab bonus 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to go the route of paying off the tab altogether, you might want to look into prepaid. That plan is $25 for unlimited calling/text, no data nor need for a data block. Just another option to consider...