Koodo Community

No Call Display

• 20 September 2020
  • 13 replies

I changed to the $30 plan and have lost call display. The information on the site says that call display is included in ALL plans but it is not. Has anyone experienced the same issue and how can it be resolved.

If not available then it should be clearly stated otherwise it is false advertising. 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All plans have the same call display features. What exactly are you missing right now that you had before?

I cannot see who is calling me even if they are in my contact list. The phone rings and “No Caller ID” is displayed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were your plan a $30 BYOD data only plan? If so, that plan doesn't have it.

I would suggest you to avoid that plan. Payperuse rates for outgoing message and minute are horribly expensive with that plan. 

Thank you. We will be leaving Koodo as they don't offer the same plans that were available before. It’s either 1 GB or 8.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you. We will be leaving Koodo as they don't offer the same plans that were available before. It’s either 1 GB or 8.  

I am not sure if I am following you. There are multiple plans with 2GB,4GB, 6, 9GB to 10 available with Koodo.

I have the same issue as this but it is clearly stated that it should have call display. I have also lost voicemail since then and my contacts no longer see my name when I call them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There was a bug there. They updated the plan detail in the main page with full detail (unlimited incoming sms, no voicemail,.etc). However, If you choose the plan with self-serve, the full description of the plan wasn’t there and the was an error with the Call display, voicemail.

They were not available when we were looking to change plans. Now they are. Something strange is going on. It seem they are taking advantage of some clients at different times. I am not impressed as it is costing us money and a lot of headache. Also, the fact that I can’t call anyone to discuss issues is why this system does not work for me (and probably not for others as well). Sorry for my rant, but as you can tell I am more than pissed at Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They were not available when we were looking to change plans. Now they are. Something strange is going on. It seem they are taking advantage of some clients at different times. I am not impressed as it is costing us money and a lot of headache. Also, the fact that I can’t call anyone to discuss issues is why this system does not work for me (and probably not for others as well). Sorry for my rant, but as you can tell I am more than pissed at Koodo. 

Their support model is different. If you want to talk to someone, you have to setup a callback via the digital assistant or chat with a rep via social media platforms or find the question/answer in the community.

Anyway, If you still want to stay with Koodo, you could choose a new plan there.

Userlevel 6

I can't understand what the purpose of a plan with zero minutes and only incoming texts would be for - but for the same price of $30 you could have a prepaid plan that has unlimited Canada wide calling and unlimited international text and picture messaging. It also includes 500 mb of data; or 1 GB if you sign up for automatic top ups.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can't understand what the purpose of a plan with zero minutes and only incoming texts would be for - but for the same price of $30 you could have a prepaid plan that has unlimited Canada wide calling and unlimited international text and picture messaging. It also includes 500 mb of data; or 1 GB if you sign up for automatic top ups.

They need the “data only” plan to satisfy a CRTC requirement back in 2018 https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/low-cost-data-crtc-1.4949421  .“Data-only” means data only, no voicemail, no free outgoing SMS, and no call display….  CRTC is happy.

Dinh,

Thanks for your advice to set up a callback. I did that and was able to fix my issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stefazura It appears, based on your last bill, you would be better off on the $35/2GB plan in your area as that includes unlimited messaging and texting.  The current plan you are has no minutes and sending text cost $0.60 each.