Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 4 speedtest

Hello, Since I have the Nexus 4 with koodo, I am unable to do a speedtest . It always says no connection available (Something like that...) . Data works though but i dont know if its hspa+ or better.... I there something I need to do ? thanks

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jonathan. What site are you using? Speedtest.net? Have you tried download the app from speedtest?
Yes its from speedtest.net and i downloaded the app...
Userlevel 7
Does your data work with everything else? It could be the APN settings...
Yes it works but often when i go on facebook app...it takes a long time to update the wall and it even says no connection on top of wall (50% of time) I am in Montréal so its not like if there is no network... ps: I used the apn settings written on koodo's website
Userlevel 6
That's odd, are you on stock Android? 4.2.1 or 4.2.2? Did you switch LTE on before updating to 4.2.2? If so, trying disabling it manually since it's already no longer supported.
Userlevel 7
Try removing the proxy setting from the apn (the first set not the mms proxy)
OK I will try removing the first proxy setting. I am on 4.2.2. I did tried LTE on 4.2.1 but now it is always staying at WCDMA preffered.. How can I manually disable LTE ?
Userlevel 6
Hi Jonathan, since your phone is not a Koodo-phone, we can only provide limited support. I found this page online though: http://koo.do/Wq98gr. Hope it helps 🙂
Userlevel 6
Yannick wrote:

Hi Jonathan, since your phone is not a Koodo-phone, we can only provide limited support. I found ...

That wouldn't work since Sprint's isn't the same as a "true" Nexus device.
Userlevel 1
I believe 4.2.2 no longer supports lte. I was able to do a speed test with data enabled but not wifi. Later found out that if you remove the first proxy 74.49.0.18 and Port 80, you'll be able to do a speed test with wifi anyway. Hope this helps
Userlevel 7
samsvoc wrote:

I believe 4.2.2 no longer supports lte. I was able to do a speed test with data enabled but no...

Forgive my ignorance but won't that just treat your wifi speed?
Userlevel 1
samsvoc wrote:

I believe 4.2.2 no longer supports lte. I was able to do a speed test with data enabled but no...

yup