Koodo Community
Solved

New SIM card

• 9 November 2020
  • 6 replies

I lost my SIM card a few days ago but still have the same phone. I just went to tellus to get a new SIM card and was told to call in to activate it just the same as my original one. I tried everything, nothing is working... how do I get it activated?? Please help

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 10 November 2020, 02:03

Last time I felt with a sim change I did mine all online.

yes you can do a sim swap in your self serve

Can you do that if you've lost your old sim card? I thought you needed to receive a text for two factor authentication in order to swap online now? If that's the case you'd need to set up a callback in order to complete the sim swap.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you call in then to get your account swapped to your new Sim? What is everything that you tried?

You said Telus… did you get a Koodo Sim at a Telus store? Still the same troubleshooting just you'd have to contact Telus customer support if you're with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to go into your self serve in order to swap your sim

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you do that if you've lost your old sim card? I thought you needed to receive a text for two factor authentication in order to swap online now? If that's the case you'd need to set up a callback in order to complete the sim swap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh I forgot about that.  You are right.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support