Koodo Community
Solved

New SIM

• 17 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Both my husband and I brought our own phones, from another carrier.  I was able to order SIM, when it arrived I logged in to self serve, switch my number and plug the new SIM in no problem.  I don’t remember doing anything to “activate” it. My husband did the same steps, but now his phone is in limbo (says NO SIM), His number isn’t associated with his old carrier anymore. What are we doing wrong, and how do we fix it? Thanks all.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 17 January 2021, 23:23

Did he receive a verification text to the SIM from another carrier? He would need to reply to that text if the port wasn’t from Telus/Public Mobile.

Anyway, I would check status of the porting in self-serve and restart the phone every hours and see if the transfer is completed. If it doesn’t later, you could contact their porting center at +1.844.232.7678 (they might only work during business hours).

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did he receive a verification text to the SIM from another carrier? He would need to reply to that text if the port wasn’t from Telus/Public Mobile.

Anyway, I would check status of the porting in self-serve and restart the phone every hours and see if the transfer is completed. If it doesn’t later, you could contact their porting center at +1.844.232.7678 (they might only work during business hours).