Koodo Community
Solved

new phone, same plan?

• 31 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I currently have a samsung a70 & need a new phone.  Question 1... Will i be able to keep my current plan? 

Question 2...I'm still trying to decide on a phone, I need a good signal & a good camera without breaking the bank.  I'm used to a bigger screen size. Any suggestions on a phone?  I've tried to research for days but can't decide. 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 31 December 2020, 17:29

1. For the plan its really hard to say yes or no. Best way to check is to just go through the checkout process and if it let's you then you're good. Generally speaking if its $45+ then you're good for Tab Mid and Plus, $35+ for Tab Basic but some plans just don't work sometimes.

2. I'll give a couple options at differing price ranges.

A71 - $20/month (the next one up from yours. Slightly upgraded but same screen size)

S20 FE - $30/month (0.2in smaller, faster, better camera, wireless charging, water resistance to name a few things)

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

1. For the plan its really hard to say yes or no. Best way to check is to just go through the checkout process and if it let's you then you're good. Generally speaking if its $45+ then you're good for Tab Mid and Plus, $35+ for Tab Basic but some plans just don't work sometimes.

2. I'll give a couple options at differing price ranges.

A71 - $20/month (the next one up from yours. Slightly upgraded but same screen size)

S20 FE - $30/month (0.2in smaller, faster, better camera, wireless charging, water resistance to name a few things)

Hi Allan, thanks for your reply.   I'm paying about 80/month all in, at a tab mid, currently paying 15/month for my phone, got about $100 left on it I need to pay out to "upgrade".  

I was looking at the s20fe, but was hoping for cheaper.   I wasn't a fan of my a70, was considering going to an iphone xr, but wasn't sure, I've always had an android.  Any thoughts on that one?

Thank you!