Koodo Community
Question

new phone, new sim received, trouble calling/ accessing mobile network

• 18 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi

trying to get my new phone activated. lost my old phone and I think the SIM is still active with my phone number. how do I get my new SIM activated with my current phone number?

thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should so I to your self serve and report your phone stolen so your old phone and sim can be disabled.

After you report it stolen. You can then reactivate with a new sim 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone

Badge +4

Activating the new SIM card and then transferring your existing phone number to the new SIM card first, will automatically render the SIM card in your old phone, unusable. If you report the phone lost or stolen first, you may not have the option to transfer your existing phone number to the new SIM card.

Moving your phone number

Thank you for the responses. How do I exactly transfer the old number to the new SIM? Thanks, David.

Badge +4

You have to log in to your self-serve account. Chances are you had to choose a random phone number during the SIM card activation process.

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. From the Self Serve drop-down menu, select Mobile services.
  3. Under “Manage your phone number”, select Manage.
  4. Select Transfer your phone number.
  5. Enter your new phone number.
  6. Select Next.
  7. If your number is eligible to move, fill out the required information.
  8. Select Submit. Your changes will be confirmed.

Unfortunately it says I cannot transfer / get a new phone number for 14 days after activation of a new device. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@DavidV  Pls send us a direct message on Facebook. We will need to authenticate your account and then we can help out. Thanks!

Badge +4

Hey @DavidV, my apologies. I misread the information between moving a number and how to re-activate a phone when it is lost or stolen with a new SIM card. I’ve flagged this conversation and a Koodo rep has responded. Dennis had the correct answer. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to follow the instructions in @Dennis post about activating a NEW SIM on your account. Once you do that your existing number will be assigned to the new SIM and your new phone will ring to your old number. You don’t need to port (transfer) a phone number to your new SIM.