Koodo Community
Solved

New phone "delivered" by UPS but I never got it

• 22 March 2020
  • 20 replies

Hello. I ordered a new phone online last week and received a UPS notification that it would be delivered and required a signature. I pre signed for it so the package could be left, as i do with most orders coming to my house. Neighbours are always on the lookout for everyone! I came home shortly after it was shown as delivered and there was no package!! A UPS truck was seen, but no other people came or went from my residence. UPS was totally unhelpful and only offered a solution of starting a claim, however when i attempt that it says I’m not able to do so. I tried to ask if it could have been mis scanned and the drive actually took it to a drop off etc, but they said they’d need to do a full investigation. According to them the sender needs to start the claim but of course with Covid-19 it seems impossible to speak to a human being at koodo. Even if it was stolen, i still need to speak to koodo at some point to do something!

I have sent an email to the webstore in an attempt to start a conversation, but is there another way i could speak with a rep sooner? If i call it just hangs up and sends me a link to the virtual chat, and its impossible to schedule a callback through that. 

icon

Best answer by Dennis 22 March 2020, 20:37

You can also request a callback via koodo assist. Just make sure you mention to Koodo assist that it's in regards to a webstore order.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can also request a callback via koodo assist. Just make sure you mention to Koodo assist that it's in regards to a webstore order.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

“UPS was totally unhelpful and only offered a solution of starting a claim, “

One and the most important thing  they have to answer you is  if there is your signature for delivery. 
What they say about it?

Userlevel 6

Hi Mayumi, slowstig said he pre signed for it. Doesn’t sound too good. Could be SOL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Mayumi, slowstig said he pre signed for it. Doesn’t sound too good. Could be SOL.

Ohhh, I read it wrong..

I read it as “  I pre signed for it so the package cant be left.”. So I thought he signed up for “ required signature “ and you don’t need to worry about the package will be left out.  ( I don’t trust my neighbours - I mean passerby in downtown  😅)

In this case, I don’t know how they investigate... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you mentioned “presigned”, what exactly did you do?

From UPS website https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/sri/need-signature.page, An individual should receive it for you. (i.e. they cannot throw the package somewhere)

Badge +4

“UPS My Choice members can sign online for eligible packages before a scheduled delivery”. 

This means you have the option of electronically signing for the parcel before it arrives. In some instances, you can instruct the driver to hide the parcel in an area that is not in plain sight. As @slowstig mentioned, he or she was not at home at the time of the delivery. By pre-signing, the recipient does not have to make physical contact with the driver, (signing their handheld device). The driver simply drops off the package and continues with deliveries.

Hopefully, the investigation will reveal what happened.

@Dennis thank you. I did manage to get a proper email for the webstore out of that. Call back was not available at this time but I may try again now that it's Monday.

To others, it did have a signature required but I signed for it online ahead of time so it could be left at my house. It can easily be left out of sight in multiple locations at the front of my house and my usual UPS guy leaves things between my doors, out of sight.  I get dozens of packages and have never had an issue. Either way if it was stolen or mis-delivered or whatever, I still need to talk to a Koodo rep to figure out what to do next otherwise they'll just assume I'm enjoying my new phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Emailing the webstore is your best bet.  Let us know if you dont hear anything in a few days

Userlevel 7

You can start a claim as the Receiver or Third Party here: https://www.ups.com/ca/en/help-center/claims-support.page

If it was lost after delivery to the correct address, you accepted all liability when you signed for it online.

Emailing the webstore is your best bet.  Let us know if you dont hear anything in a few days

Still nothing via email. Still unable to schedule a callback. I understand due to the pandemic situation it would take a while, but 2 plus business days to reply to an email seems a bit much. Whatever I guess. Worst case scenario I stop paying my bill, that should get their attention! Lol.

I went ahead and filed a police report for the missing phone, assuming Koodo may ask me to do so anyway.  Hope the UPS driver is enjoying his new phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Still nothing via email. Still unable to schedule a callback. I understand due to the pandemic situation it would take a while, but 2 plus business days to reply to an email seems a bit much. Whatever I guess. Worst case scenario I stop paying my bill, that should get their attention! Lol.

I went ahead and filed a police report for the missing phone, assuming Koodo may ask me to do so anyway.  Hope the UPS driver is enjoying his new phone.

Not paying your bill will not get any attention as it will lead to your account getting suspended and a hit to your credit rating (all of this is likely automated without any Koodo staff see this)

I’ll flag this to a rep for you

Not paying your bill will not get any attention as it will lead to your account getting suspended and a hit to your credit rating (all of this is likely automated without any Koodo staff see this)

I’ll flag this to a rep for you

Thank you. I did receive a response not long before my last post. My email is being strange so I didn't get it at first. I appreciate the help. They mentioned they will initiate with UPS from their end and asked for now that I follow up with them as well. 

So just in case someone stumbles across this in a similar situation, I'll explain what ended up happening.

As I stated, I "pre-signed" aka authorized a safe drop for my package because things just don't go missing from my doorstep.....this seems to blow people's minds, I don't know what to say. Regardless of how my package disappeared, Koodo customer service initially told me that an investigation by the webstore and UPS would take place and if my phone was found it would be sent to me again (duh) BUT if it WASN'T found they promised, on multiple occasions, they would reverse my tab balance and refund my upfront cost and would allow another order. This was great news to me! However once the investigation concluded the webstore emailed and totally reversed that decision. I realize I screwed myself by authorization of a safe drop, so when they had initially promised help I was extremely happy. Now, I'm definitely not. The fact that they can promise something and then just change their mind upset me. After 3 calls to try and at least get an explanation or some sort of assistance, I was offered almost nothing. My plan was changed back to my original 6gb from the 5gb I was forced to change to but I'm still out of pocket the upfront fee and have a monthly tab charge. I even proposed a loyalty type discount to even partially "erase" the tab balance cost but that was shot down. It's really unfortunate a multi million dollar company can't help out a customer for a few hundred bucks. So from now on I'll tell my friends and family to avoid Koodo and try their luck with one of the other thieving providers. 

Thanks to those in this thread who provided assistance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe at the same time you can tell them not to sign for a package they haven't seen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is very difficult situation.  
You mentioned that Koodo told you “ if it WASN'T found they promised, on multiple occasions, they would reverse my tab balance and refund my ...”.  I believe “ If it wasn’t found” means if they conclude the phone was lost in transit, then they will reverse charges.

”I pre signed for it so the package could be left,“

“I'll tell my friends and family to avoid Koodo and try their luck with one of the other thieving providers. “
  You did pre signed.  And UPS left the box and it was claimed as lost… It’s not fair calling Koodo thieving provider.  Maybe pre signed wasn’t good idea for phone delivery/shipping.
You should contact UPS again and ask reinvestigate your case.  ( I would). 

Maybe at the same time you can tell them not to sign for a package they haven't seen.

Wow, such a helpful post Mr keyboard warrior.

Ya I get it, lesson learned but like I stated I get dozens of packages a month and there has never been a problem. I've done the same with other UPS packages, again not a problem. The point I have a problem with Koodo is when they promised a resolution and then back-pedaled......that's poor customer service. They could have just left it at "wait for the investigation to be completed" but they promised a resolution. You didn't seem to read that part. 

This is very difficult situation.  
You mentioned that Koodo told you “ if it WASN'T found they promised, on multiple occasions, they would reverse my tab balance and refund my ...”.  I believe “ If it wasn’t found” means if they conclude the phone was lost in transit, then they will reverse charges.

”I pre signed for it so the package could be left,“

“I'll tell my friends and family to avoid Koodo and try their luck with one of the other thieving providers. “
  You did pre signed.  And UPS left the box and it was claimed as lost… It’s not fair calling Koodo thieving provider.  Maybe pre signed wasn’t good idea for phone delivery/shipping.
You should contact UPS again and ask reinvestigate your case.  ( I would). 

I didn't call Koodo a thieving provider, I called the others that...…

Re: UPS, I did try them again and of course because it was "signed" for they won't do anything further, but thanks for the actual helpful input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

”I didn't call Koodo a thieving provider, “

Sorry I misunderstood it...

Userlevel 6

Hi Slowstig. Firstly I hope you reported this to your local Police. Secondly I commend you for coming back on and explaining to others the pitfall of pre-signing when you said " I realize I screwed myself by authorization of a safe drop,” etc. etc. I’m sorry you got ripped off but it’s a great example for others why to not pre-sign. I have no comment one way or the other about you conversations with Koodo, that is between you and them. If one of their Reps promised you something it may have been recorded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a link to the “pre-signed” feature for UPS?  Was a waiver for lost parcels part of this feature?  I cant seem to find this feature online.