Koodo Community
Question

New Phone and Old Phone Stuck in Limbo

• 13 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I received my new phone and new SIM today. I had already inserted my SIM card into my new phone before activating the new SIM on Koodo self serve. I did the switch on koodo and now both phones are stuck in limbo. I most likely made matters worse when I then reactivated my old SIM into old phone and then tried to do new SIM again. I have tried all of Koodo's suggestions of resetting factory settings, resetting network settings. Taking out SIM and reinserting. Restarting phone. Nothing is helping. I can't even schedule a call back with both my new and old phone in limbo. What can I do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a current customer and got a new upgraded phone? If so, you would have to switch SIM in self-serveĀ https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support Have you received the SMS text in the old SIM?

If you are a new customer and moving from another carrier, I assumed you switched your number from another carrier in self-serve? Was the old carrier Telus/Public mobile? or other carriers? Have you received a verification text from the old SIM (with another carrier)?https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Hi,

Yes I got an upgrade and switched the SIM on the self serve. Got the verification code on old SIM through text but new SIM still not activated. Now both phones say that there is no network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

Yes I got an upgrade and switched the SIM on the self serve. Got the verification code on old SIM through text but new SIM still not activated. Now both phones say that there is no network.

It is strange. I guess they had an issue with their SIM switching system. I will flag a rep.

In the mean time, I would suggest you put the new SIM in and restart it every couple hours. Hopefully the issue could resolve by itself.

Thank you. I will keep the phone off for the night and hopefully by morning it is resolved. I can not even receive a call back call with both pbones having no network connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you. I will keep the phone off for the night and hopefully by morning it is resolved. I can not even receive a call back call with both pbones having no network connection.

I would double check that your sim number is self serve is correct