Koodo Community
Solved

New LG velvet, switched from freedom, texts not working

• 19 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Switched over from freedom mobile on their new offer. Picked up the lg velvet and kept old number. Moved all info over from old lg. Wife also got new phone as a second line and switched from virgin. Calls are working but texts are not coming in or going between us or outside numbers. Have restarted phone multiple times

icon

Best answer by Goran 19 October 2020, 04:10

Ah yes especially over a weekend. It's a bit of a process done in parts. I'd expext it to be good by end of day tomorrow. If not I'd message here again with your order number and I can flag a Rep to look into it.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Initialize your phone’s network settings.

Go through the the setup at https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-sim-support

Also, see link 

As far as i can tell the apn is registered to koodo correctly and my sin card is registered to the correct number on the card

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you cannot even send sms?

I can send and they appear to go but do not get received

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you port to Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Makes sense if you both ported and the process isn't completed yet that you cannot receive each other's as in progress you cannot receive texts or calls for those portions of he porting process until it is completed.

Ported in about 9 hours ago. Calls work though just not sms. So sms has just not been completed on our account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah yes especially over a weekend. It's a bit of a process done in parts. I'd expext it to be good by end of day tomorrow. If not I'd message here again with your order number and I can flag a Rep to look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Goran's is likely right but just to check, did you have an iPhone before switching to the LG velvet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you did make sure you de-register from iMessage.