Koodo Community

Community

Solved

new Koodo customer!!

Userlevel 1
Just switched from bell. Been. Long time bell customer. Kinda nervous still. Wondering about the coverage, network speed and customer service I'm sure there are people here like me moved to koodo from one of the 3 major carriers. Can you please share your koodo experience so far?? Thanks in advance

11 replies

Userlevel 7
My experience with Koodo has been great, I switched from Bell myself just over two years ago, and I don't plan on going back. Coverage is excellent for where I live, network speed is great, no complaints about dropped calls or dead zones. Customer service is very good, mind you I don't have to call in very often, but when I do, it's by far world's better than Bell. Just my opinion on it 🙂
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the reply and good to know that you like koodo . I actually liked bell customer service and quite happy with them. Only when my contract was up they want me to switch to the new plan in order for me to get a new phone which is quite pricey . .they did try to keep me bit koodo's plan world out much cheaper for my needs..so in pulled then plug today. Hopefully things will work out
Userlevel 7
vhl71 wrote:

Thanks for the reply and good to know that you like koodo . I actually liked bell customer se...

I liked Bell when I was with them too, but when I started having issues with billing and paying more for less than I get through Koodo now, I don't regret switching. I still still recommend Koodo to friends and family as I've had great luck with them. One final thing, I didn't say earlier, Welcome to Koodo and I hope you enjoy your service just as much as the rest of us in the Koodo family 🙂
Userlevel 5
vhl71 wrote:

Thanks for the reply and good to know that you like koodo . I actually liked bell customer se...

I haven't been with Bell but my friend has and she only had problems with Bell. Their coverage and services were fine but Customer Care was absolutely a horrible experience for her. She switched later on. Bell and Telus share the same towers to my knowledge so coverage should be the same.
Userlevel 6
I've been koodo for a while too. No issues at all. I haven't had to call customer service in a long long time. The way I look at it is that 9 out 10 times people call customer service becaus there is something wrong. If things are working, they are simple and easy than no need to spend time on hold.:-) this forum has been the only place where I turn to, as I find everything here. Koodo is a do-it-yourself kind of company so most things can be done online. Make sure you are set up and you can use their app as well on your phone. All the best!
Userlevel 2
Koodo has been rated #1 by JD Power and Associates for the past 4 years for customer satisfaction. Since I switched to Koodo, the network coverage has been perfect and the billing has been spot on. Not a single problem since day 1. The device you use definitely matters when it comes to usability. I use a nexus 5 and it is a top end device which is at a low cost. If you are ever experiencing issues with your device, I would definitely recommend the Google Nexus 5.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, unless you had an antiquated CDMA Device on Bell, you'll be happy to hear that you'll be connecting to the exact same shared Telus/Bell WCDMA network and thus your coverage should be comparable (even though it's the same network, the phone itself plays a major part in reception quality). Welcome to Koodo!
Userlevel 1
quick update. I'm happy so far ..first day with Koodo. One thing I noticed is the speed test i did with LTE..mind boggling speed of 54Mbps!! With bell i used to get around 18-20MBps.. something is not quite right here. how can it be such a big difference.. Anyway not complaning!! so far so good.
Userlevel 6
vhl71 wrote:

quick update. I'm happy so far ..first day with Koodo. One thing I noticed is the speed test i di...

It depend on where you are telus signals )the ones koodo uses) could be faster in certain areas.
Userlevel 7
vhl71 wrote:

quick update. I'm happy so far ..first day with Koodo. One thing I noticed is the speed test i di...

Geographical location, and saturation on the network have a big play on data speeds, if you live in a less densely populated area you're bound to get excellent data speeds. Either way LTE is an awesome technology and it will only get better! 🙂
Userlevel 1
Coverage is good. I couldn't have switched from Bell years ago if they didn't have good coverage. My work takes me out to the middle of no where all the time. I have been impressed with the fact that I would get coverage in some of the areas I have been to.