Koodo Community
Question

New customer, texting not working. some incoming phone calls not working.

• 19 November 2022
  • 8 replies

I'm a new ported over customer from a Bell account. I can call out and receive calls from some people. My wife cannot call me from her new Koodo account.

Texting is not working at all (no outgoing or incoming) and my scheduled phone appointment this morning never came through. I can't recieve text so I can't use the koodo assist process.

Please help!

8 replies

Also, I did reply YES to the porting text on my old SIN card before putting the koodo one in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, I did reply YES to the porting text on my old SIN card before putting the koodo one in.

How long ago was it?

Did you receive a text or email that your porting is completed?

Can you try to restart your phone?

We activated yesterday.

I have not recieved a text on the new SIM or an email saying the transfer is complete.

I have restarted my phone over a dozen times.

My transfer status comes back as cancelled now.

I can call my wife, but she can't call me.

I can call others and revieve calls from others.

I just tried texting myself and that also does not work.

I may drive into town here right away to talk to a store rep. We live an hour away though...

Oh... and LTE data is also working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We activated yesterday.

I have not recieved a text on the new SIM or an email saying the transfer is complete.

I have restarted my phone over a dozen times.

My transfer status comes back as cancelled now.

I can call my wife, but she can't call me.

I can call others and revieve calls from others.

I just tried texting myself and that also does not work.

Did you reach out to Bell to reinitiate the porting process and try again on your Self-Serve account?

If you are still having problems, you can reach the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678 for further assistance. 

I have not reached out to bell... they called to say the account has been cancelled last night, so I feel its out of their hands now.

Self serve retry of porting says the number is not eligble.

The porting department phone number ends with the robot telling me rep assistance is now started using koodo assist. Loose translation; "Koodo assist will now send you a text to start the process". 

Me: "Oh great... start the process by sending me a text I cannot recieve."

Rinse and Repeat this process 5 times now.

I guess going to town is the way to go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have not reached out to bell... they called to say the account has been cancelled last night, so I feel its out of their hands now.

Self serve retry of porting says the number is not eligble.

The porting department phone number ends with the robot telling me rep assistance is now started using koodo assist. Loose translation; "Koodo assist will now send you a text to start the process". 

Me: "Oh great... start the process by sending me a text I cannot recieve."

Rinse and Repeat this process 5 times now.

I guess going to town is the way to go.

Since Koodo says it is not eligible, your number has likely been moved to Koodo, but the porting process was incomplete. You will need to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to have a rep direct you to the porting department. https://Koo.do/Chat