Koodo Community
Solved

New customer, new Sim - No account # or phone #

• 10 January 2021
  • 11 replies

I am helping my neighbour.  She is new to Koodo.   We ordered a phone and sim card from Koodo. 

We received a order confirmation email and a shipping email.  That’s it!!  We do not have an account #.

The phone has arrived.  Sim card is in.    Phone has no number.   Can’t create a Koodo account.   

Hmmmm.  At a stand still.   

Help

Phoned Koodo.  Because we couldn’t enter a phone number or account #, they hang up on us.

Help

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 11 January 2021, 01:52

@Warsaw If you could share the order # she received (should start with HFO if ordered online) we can could look the account up. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am helping my neighbour.  She is new to Koodo.   We ordered a phone and sim card from Koodo. 

We received a order confirmation email and a shipping email.  That’s it!!  We do not have an account #.

The phone has arrived.  Sim card is in.    Phone has no number.   Can’t create a Koodo account.   

Hmmmm.  At a stand still.   

Help

Phoned Koodo.  Because we couldn’t enter a phone number or account #, they hang up on us.

Help

Are you sure your neighbour did not receive an email from Koodo with the Customer Service Agreement? It should show the account number and phone number.

I would suggest you to ask her if she checked her junk mail folder. There is a good chance she did not and it’s probably still in there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Warsaw If you could share the order # she received (should start with HFO if ordered online) we can could look the account up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nnik & @Rhearae : I would suggest you to open a separate new thread. The problem could be similar but there could be many thing different.

She has given me access to her email.  I’m positive that no Customer Service Agreement was ever sent.

I’ve been a customer of Koodo for many years and I understand that the Customer Service Agreement is sent via email and is in a pdf at the bottom of the email.  I’ve search all folders in her email and only the “your order is being verified” email and the “shipping email” have been received.

When we ordered, we chose to have a new phone number assigned.  (705) area code.   I have double checked and the SIM is inserted correctly.

The HFO # is 28747284.   Order was on line January 2, 2021 at 1:47pm

Thanks for the help.  Appreciated.

Got an email tonight with pdf attached.

Koodo Service Agreement has been received.

Account # received.   Phone # is in agreement.

We will register her new account tomorrow and activate phone.

Thank you Bernard Koodo for your help.  Appreciated.

This same thing happened to my wife. She is trying to sign up with koodo. They sent her a sim card, but no account activation email, so there is no way to activate a self service account and there is no phone number for the sim. We’ve checked her spam folder and its not there. We only got the shipping notification email. The order confirmation number is HFO28748228.

Can anyone help us out by sending an email to her? 

Hey cfbanks,

Hang in there.   It took about 24hrs for a Koodo rep to send an email with Koodo Service Agreement after I posted.   You’ve included the order number which is what they need to look up account number.  

Service Agreement has the account # and the new phone number in top left corner of first page.  I think the SIM does have a phone number already but needs to be activated.  

Once you get the Service Agreement email/pdf  go to :

https://www.koodomobile.com/setup  to activate.

Good luck.  I haven’t finished the process yet as I am operating on my neighbour’s schedule.

If there are any other problems tomorrow, I’ll post back.   But I expect things to be OK now.

@Warsaw  thanks for the timeline. This seems like a problem that shouldn’t be happening to multiple people. Hopefully they can figure out what in their system is allowing sim cards to be sent out without service agreement emails. 

Agreed.

Who knows?  Shortage of employees?  Holidays?  Covid?    Times are weird.

Frustrating but we all need to dig deep and find our patience.

cheers

I have the same issue HF028693555

My next step will be to with another carrier

I hooked up two new lines for my phones. Received order confirmations for both but only got 1 customer service agreement. 2 SIM cards arrived today. Still no 2nd service agreement… I’m not sure which order number is not working but both orders are: HFO28743628 and HFO28751156. Ordered on December 30,2020