Koodo Community

Community

Network Status/Maintenance Page

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think Koodo should implement a page on koodomobile.com, thread on the community, or a@KoodoCS twitter account that shares any network disruptions, scheduled maintenance, etc.
It would save potential calls, messages or questions on the community if this sort of thing is possible.

In my searching I found a few companies that have similar things:
Telus: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/tkb-p/ServiceStatus
Rogers: http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/network-aid

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah, but how many people do you think will really look at that page before calling in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Yeah, but how many people do you think will really look at that page before calling in?

Maybe not many at first but as soon as people become aware of it I think many people will.
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Unlikely to be of any value. The link you provided for TELUS, isn't that only for wireline? Since Bell & TELUS share *most* of their wireless networks, probably would be better if TELUS maintains a network outage feed (Koodo customers could be referred to the TELUS site).
The Rogers link is for their wireless network, which makes sense, but even still...
Outages on the big 3's wireless networks are so rare that I'm sure it's more cost-effective to absorb the increased calls to customer service when they do happen than to maintain a broadcasting feed about outages.
Besides, outages never make a carrier look good, so why leave a papertrail online?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Ahh that could be possible that the Telus one is just for wireline. I've just noticed recently a lot of complaints on the forum about network outages in which they were given a run around not knowing wether there actually was an outage or not. Koodo is always trying to find ways to draw attention away from calling in and the short time it would take to tweet out an outage would be time saving enough even if one person doesnt call in because of it. If they didnt want to leave a papertrail they could always remove the outage announcement after it has been fixed. I would be okay with Telus taking over the outage part but even just announcements for simple maintenance on self serve, etc. would benefit those asking why they cant login or when the site will be back up.