Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Network priority Telus/Koodo

Hello! I have a work colleague that says Telus gets network priority over Koodo customers on the network. Is that true? He said he got his info from a Koodo employee (his friend). I searched on the web and saw mixed comments, why not ask straight in Koodo forums!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Urban legend. Not for a second beleive it's true. 🙂 Either case it seems it has zero effect on koodo's quality of services, at least from what I can tell. I'm not dropping any more calls, I don't have slower data etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Urban legend. Not for a second beleive it's true. 🙂 Either case it seems it has zero effect on ...

Goes hand in hand with the belief that you're more likely to win roll-up-the-rim-to-win if you buy an extra large.
Userlevel 5
Chris Petersens wrote:

Urban legend. Not for a second beleive it's true. 🙂 Either case it seems it has zero effect on ...

Definitely an urban legend, but its surprising how many people still mention it. I know it comes up for me every once in a while. But as Chris said, Koodo has the same priority as Telus on the network, so you wont get bumped if the Telus side of things gets busy.
Chris Petersens wrote:

Thanks guys! I found that hard to believe but had to ask! Always good to bring back old questions, saw some dated back almost 10 years ago! lol
Thanks Chris good to know! I'm not a heavy user... More data than phone so I guess switching over would be a smart move for me. I have a Nexus 5 unlocked that I bought from Google Play so I'm all set!