Koodo Community
Solved

Need to talk to a Human ASAP.

• 15 September 2020
  • 9 replies

I received a new phone by mail yesterday.  Everything worked when I set it up….  Plugged it in for overnight charging.  When I woke up, the phone was off.  Turned it on and there was a message about overheating and my phone was still quite warm.  Now, the phone will not stay powered up long enough for me to do anything with it.  On top of that, I put the SIM card back into my old phone and it’s no longer recognized.  I’ve tried getting in contact for help, but I obviously can’t receive a callback at my number and I’m pretty sure the bot doesn’t recognize my work extension because I’ve scheduled several callbacks with no results.  This is pretty frustrating.

icon

Best answer by Ranjan Koodo 15 September 2020, 20:00

@jr1u - given that this was a web order, our we store team should be able to assist and try to troubleshoot, or if that doesn’t work, advise on how to get the phone replaced. Can you please shoot them an email explaining the situation (or even referencing this Community thread for context): koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it a new phone or a certified pre-owned?

New phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Regarding the SIM card, you can continue the old SIM. If you want to use the new SIM, you have to switch SIM in selfserve https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Regarding the phone, what phone model was it? when you charged it, did you put it near a heat source of some type? I would suggest you try to reset the phone to its factory settings and see if that helps.

Anyway, you can reference their warranty and repair here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/warranty-and-repair-policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned that you put the SIM card back into your old phone and it’s no longer recognized. Did you restart your phone? You are using old SIM from previous phone, correct?

I still put my SIM in-between 2 phones and they are working fine each time.

The new phone is a Pixel 3a XL.  It was on my nightstand overnight - no source of heat anywhere near.  I can’t actually do anything with the phone once it powers up before it shuts down on me.  

I power the phone down, put the SIM in, power it up…   Have done this many, many times and it just won’t recognize.

I’m unable to do the SIM self support because I can’t receive texts and they are not calling me back.  

Honestly, this is frustrating.  I think if I could actually talk to someone, this would be straightened out pretty quickly.

I’m not generally someone that requires customer service often, if ever…  This has me reconsidering Koodo right now.  I can’t be without a phone right now…  Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m unable to do the SIM self support because I can’t receive texts and they are not calling me back.  

Honestly, this is frustrating.  I think if I could actually talk to someone, this would be straightened out pretty quickly.

I’m not generally someone that requires customer service often, if ever…  This has me reconsidering Koodo right now.  I can’t be without a phone right now…  Very frustrating.

They send the text to the old SIM. That feature was there to protect you from hacker. I would suggest you put the old SIM into the old phone and see if you can receive the text with the old SIM.

You can schedule to any number that can receive call. If you don’t have any number available, you can chat with a rep via Facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jr1u - given that this was a web order, our we store team should be able to assist and try to troubleshoot, or if that doesn’t work, advise on how to get the phone replaced. Can you please shoot them an email explaining the situation (or even referencing this Community thread for context): koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com 

For some reason, I’m not able to get the new or old SIM to work in my old phone since setting up the new phone last night.

I’ve just sent a message to the webstore.

Thank you all for your help.