Koodo Community
Solved

Need to buy a new phone, previous one got stolen, koodo store wants to send a text for verifcation at checkout

Trying to replace my phone that was stolen while traveling to Colombia. 

Koodo store wants to send me a text for verification at check out. I obviously cannot do that if I don’t have a phone.  I am still traveling, so I don’t have a Canadian phone that they can call to until I get back on Aug 5th.

What can I do?

Best,

New Myths

icon

Best answer by Goran 22 July 2021, 01:13

You may have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sent via email or another number.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You may have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sent via email or another number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does it give the option to send it to you via email?

The other thing I'll mention is that they can only ship to Canadian addresses a good chunk of phones show up within 5 buisness days so if you don't have anyone back home who can pick up the phone for you it may be sitting on your doorstep until you get back. (Which isn't ideal with all the porch pirates lately)

It does not give an option, which is a bit obnoxious. 

My partner is at my apartment, so I would be shipping it there. It would likely be shipped within two weeks (iphone 12) and arrive relatively close to when I get there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My partner is at my apartment, so I would be shipping it there. It would likely be shipped within two weeks (iphone 12) and arrive relatively close to when I get there. 

Ahh gotcha, in that case stick with what Goran advised and they should be able to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am not sure if your partner currently has a line with Koodo on your account. Assuming that is the case, if you have given your partner authorization to your account, they may be able to send the verification code to your partner instead. 

They don’t but, thank you. I’ve messaged them on Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks for the tips!