Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need help picking out a phone

looking for a phone with at least an 8 MP camera able to watch Netflix,play Android games, load movies and music. what would be the best phone?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
S III, S 4, or Nexus 5. The S III is free on Tab M but the other 2 are $200 on Tab M. Don't bother with Tab L.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

S III, S 4, or Nexus 5. The S III is free on Tab M but the other 2 are $200 on Tab M. Don't bothe...

If you are interested in a bigger screen to watch movies and Netflix the Note 2 is also an option
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

S III, S 4, or Nexus 5. The S III is free on Tab M but the other 2 are $200 on Tab M. Don't bothe...

I wouldn't get the S3 it begins lagging really badly after a few months of using the device. but I agree with all the other recommendations, the Note 2 has an awesome battery for watching videos and gaming for an extended period of time and a large vibrant 5.5" display which is great for gaming and watching videos. The camera is actually pretty damn good also on the Note 2. The Nexus 5 has the best looking display in Koodo's line upup even in direct sunlight and a very decent camera. The S4 has the best camera in Koodo's lineup and a great display although not the greatest in direct sunlight. It also has a good battery, better than the Nexus 5. I
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

The S III doesn't just randomly slow down. My girlfriend has had hers for nearly a year and aside from some battery issues that have subsided it's not slow by any means.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I've had one and my wife's had one and both began to lag badly after awhile and we had to use master clean or some other optimization apps just to get them to be usable without taking a ridiculous about of time to open things and scroll through home screens and the app drawer. The last update seemed to help but not sure as I only had it for a couple days before I had to send it back to Koodo. I gave the wife my Moto G and she loves it and is so happy she doesn't have to deal with the S3 anymore because it was frustrating her.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

4.3 did help but again my GF hasn't had any lag issues, just intermittent battery stuff. I don't know what you guys were doing with the phone to strain it so much but calling the S III slow is like calling the Mega small.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

This could explain the slow down after awhile that didn't seem to get fixed a little till 4.3 which seemed to be the exact thing I was talking about, this is the Nexus 7 they're talking about but it's a great example. http://pocketnow.com/2014/03/18/speed-up-the-nexus-7?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
What does a camera have to do with a phones ability to watch Netflix?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KaneSlavik wrote:

I think there is a missing comma between "camera" and "able". OP wants a phone with an awesome camera and works well with Netflix.
Userlevel 7
KaneSlavik wrote:

It doesn't. He just mentioned he wants at least an 8MP camera in his phone. I think the way the sentence was structured might have confused you.
I love my Galaxy Note 2. Screen is awesome for watching Netflix. 8MP camera as well.