Koodo Community

Community

Solved

need a phone number from here, my old number i want to make it prepaid in other provider,

Hello, I recently move to ontario and i need a phone number from here, my old number i want to make it prepaid in other provider, can i change my old to my new provider and then receive by koodo a number from ontario? and it will cost?
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 29 December 2015, 02:43

If you sign up for a new provider and port your existing number to your new "other" phone, your Koodo account will automatically be cancelled and you will be billed for your balance, if any, plus any overages, assuming you are on monthly. If you are currently on prepaid, you will lose whatever is left on your time and boosters.

If the idea is just to make your old number available to older contacts at minimal cost, then port it to CallCentric or another Voip provider, and have those calls forwarded to your "new" Koodo number for a penny or two a minute.

Probably best to call *611 and establish a second line on your account with the new number before porting out through them and cancelling the original service.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you sign up for a new provider and port your existing number to your new "other" phone, your Koodo account will automatically be cancelled and you will be billed for your balance, if any, plus any overages, assuming you are on monthly. If you are currently on prepaid, you will lose whatever is left on your time and boosters.

If the idea is just to make your old number available to older contacts at minimal cost, then port it to CallCentric or another Voip provider, and have those calls forwarded to your "new" Koodo number for a penny or two a minute.

Probably best to call *611 and establish a second line on your account with the new number before porting out through them and cancelling the original service.