Koodo Community

Community

Name display?

I would like to have name display on both my receiving and making calls. Is this going to be offered in the near future? Rogers is already offering this feature.

13 replies

You do realize that most of the time, the person must have the contact in their list in order for the name to appear right? Rogers may have this on their landline, but for cell phones, the name must be in the contact list. That's just how it is.
AlexiKrov wrote:

You do realize that most of the time, the person must have the contact in their list in order for...

Yes I do realize this. I hate when people don't answer my calls to their landline, because they don't recognize the number. If my name was displayed as well, they would most likely answer it. (unless of coarse they don't want to talk to me) It is a pain to call leave a message and get a call back 30 seconds later saying "Oh I didn't realize it was you." So Rogers is doing the right thing.
AlexiKrov wrote:

You do realize that most of the time, the person must have the contact in their list in order for...

Again, Rogers LANDLINE has this. This option isn't available on any cell phone provider that I'm aware of. And it is not a pain to leave a simple message "hey its X, call me back". Let's not kid ourselves here, it's barely an inconvience. Not too mention that on Roger's landline, this is done for INCOMING calls only, not outgoing calls. For outgoing calls, the contact that you are calling should have your number in the contact list to guarantee the name to show up.
AlexiKrov wrote:

My friend call me from his Rogers mobile, on my Cogeco landline. He not in a contact list on my home phone. His name shows up on my call display. How and why if your statement is right? As for calling and leaving a message, when you are looking for someone, you may call 3 or 4 different numbers and while you are dialing the 1st person may be calling you back after listening to their message. They are getting a busy signal. Easily solved with name display.
AlexiKrov wrote:

Not really needed to be quite honest. Koodo is a discount brand. No real need for any extra bells and whistles.
AlexiKrov wrote:

Good idea, settle, don't improve, just like the Canadian government. Koodo is a great company, just making a suggestion to help make it a little better.
AlexiKrov wrote:

Koodo is all about providing great service without outrageous prices. I see no reason to include extra things that would increase the cost.
AlexiKrov wrote:

Thanks for you opinion, this forum is for ideas. I made a suggestion. If they ever do it, I may subscribe and you won't.
AlexiKrov wrote:

Um, what? Your post makes no sense. You may subscribe and I won't? Koodo has been in service for 5 years now and they have never adopted an outbound name display. There is no reason to think that they would. Koodo has always presented themselves as "bare bones basic". Outbound name display would not be part of the image that they present themselves.
AlexiKrov wrote:

So they are a non progressive company, that will never improve service, plans, phones. Get real, ALL companies improve themselves, if companies don't improve themselves, they get stagnant and die.
@AlexiKrovKov - You are incorrect in your assertion that only Rogers landlines have name display. Rogers has had name display on their cell lines for many years. You might be better to quote your source when making such claims. Source for Rogers name display: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=AppsAddons
newb1 wrote:

@AlexiKrovKov - You are incorrect in your assertion that only Rogers landlines have name ...

Thank you for a proper answer. I posted this as a possible future add-on for Koodo to consider. Unfortunately@AlexiKrovKov doesn't want it so he thinks Koodo should never consider it.
newb1 wrote:

@AlexiKrovKov - You are incorrect in your assertion that only Rogers landlines have name ...

That is why this idea thread was hi-jacked.