Koodo Community

Community

Name display

How long will it be before Koodo will have Name display along with the number when we call people that have caller ID? Right now my cell shows up as unknown name.

7 replies

Probably never. No cell phone provider offers this because of a system limitation. If you want your name to show up, the person calling you will need to add you into their contact.
This is not true. I had a cell phone for work with Rogers and the name on the account showed up on line lines that had caller ID.
Jim McDowall wrote:

This is not true. I had a cell phone for work with Rogers and the name on the account showed up o...

Well Rogers is the exception then. Most other cell phone providers do not have this feature and it would probably end up causing a rising in pricing to have it included.
Userlevel 5
It's true that Rogers/Fido offer it, but it is by far more rare for a carrier to offer it. I would assume that it will be a while before any other carriers decide to offer it. Rogers has been doing it for so long we're past that window of "wow that's cool we should match".
I don't look at it as a "wow", we should match" thing. I would like to see my phone display information on phones that have caller ID. I use it for business as well as personal. I want people to know who is calling them.
and if you don't *67.
Userlevel 7
It is a system limitation and at this time, it is not planned. This topic has been brought up. Try to use the search feature for future reference before posting a new thread, so we can avoid any clutter:)