Koodo Community
Question

My transfer of my landline # to my Koodo account is in some weird limbo. I need help!

• 30 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Over 2 days ago I spoke with a rep and initiated transferring my home phone#/landline to my current Koodo account thus replacing my current phone #. The transfer WAS initiated. My online Koodo account page now shows the ‘new’ # (my landline#) and my iPhone shows the ‘new’ # as well.

However, my landline is still active and calls to that # still go to the Bell landline and NOT to my cell.

If I try calling my previous Koodo # it goes to a voice  saying no such phone# so obviously my original Koodo phone # has already been cancelled.

I’ve tried getting  a live rep callback but after NUMEROUS fruitless attempts in the we’re ‘too busy’ loop, I thought I’d try here.

So… I’m in some kind of weird limbo right now. No one can phone my cell phone but I can make calls out.

Has someone/something possibly screwed up the # transfer or.. am I being impatient after 2.5 days?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there! 

We have checked and we can see that the transfer is in progress.

For more details, please use the steps in the FAQ section here: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo to get in touch with our Porting Center.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Landline ports typically require 3-5 business days to complete, as the landline provider needs to dispatch a tech to physically change the wiring at the Central Switching office. Until it completes you will experience mixed service, where you can make outbound calls from the cellular device while incoming calls will still come to the landline. Transferring wireless numbers goes faster since all that needs to change is a few lines of computer code.

I have the same situation right now, i have a shaw landline and I transferred to Koodo. I can send text message but I cant get any reply, Calls go to my landline too instead of my phone. i cant do the options where to reply YES, because its landline number that I moved to Koodo. Please HELP!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long has it been since you ported the number? Landline ports do not require 2 factor authentication, but as previously stated they do take 3-5 business days to complete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same situation right now, i have a shaw landline and I transferred to Koodo. I can send text message but I cant get any reply, Calls go to my landline too instead of my phone. i cant do the options where to reply YES, because its landline number that I moved to Koodo. Please HELP!!!

Did it say that your port transfer was successful on the Self-Serve portal?