Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My son just got a plan today is 2 days. He was getting out the car an dropped his phone.. An can't se a thing..he has a 14 day warranty

He has a 14 day warranty can he get a new phone at no charge..ANY ONE KNOW

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oooh I'm sorry Heather! That's not funny! I don't think dropping a phone is covered by the warranty - it's only factory faults and trading a (functional) phone for another that is covered with the 14 days trade-in program 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you bought it with a credit card maybe your card has purchase insurance? But warranty wont cover user damage
So it sounds like he has to by a new phone that takes the same kinda SIM card..does Koodo see used phones any one know f..
Suppose to be sell used phones.. Lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes they do Heather, Koodo sells certified pre-owned phones. You could also check Kijiji or other 2nd hand places... and please make sure you get him a sturdy cover! So sorry your son got to enjoy that shiny new phone for so short... I'd personally be heartbroken.
Userlevel 6
Hello Heather, Oh no, I know how it feels I dropped my first phone, an iPhone the first day I was able to use it. I recommend finding a local phone repair place. At Koodo, the cost for fixing an out of warranty device is nearly the same as the value of the phone. However, if it is an iphone and you purchased the apple care plus, physical damage is included in the warranty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you do purchase a new phone make sure to get a quality case that will not allow the screen to as easily come in contact with the ground and will protect against the shock of the impact of a drop. Don't get a cheap TPU type case as they do little to actually protect against anything other than scuff and scratches. The best are any 2 piece case with a rubber core and a plastic core that clips overtop the phone, some companies use the rubber core on the outside and some use the rubber core on the inside neither is really better for protection but something somewhat rubber on the outside helps to give grip to the phone. a iShieldz brand screen protector will help in keeping your screen protected and is made of military grade material and good if your phone doesn't have gorilla glass 3 which only the Samsung Galaxy S4 has at the moment. I know what it's like to damage a phone that isn't covered by warranty because of dropping it and it's not a good feeling at all, heck I'm a grown man and I almost cried at the money I just threw down the drain lol. Now as soon as I buy a home I don't leave the mall without getting a case somewhere even if it's not one I think I'll keep and it's a great thing to do buying them both at the same time because it only takes one slip up and you just wasted hundreds of dollars.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

When you do purchase a new phone make sure to get a quality case that will not allow the screen t...

I'm OCD protective of my tech as I baby it like crazy (at least in the forst 6 months) and I still dropped my phone 😞 I usually say that if you took better care of your stuff then this wouldnt happen but phones are handled so much that I feel it is inevitable. What sucks is that cases make your $$$ shiny device look cheap or like a thick phone from 10 years ago 😞 The same goes with a screen protector. I'm OCD about getting it perfectly straight but it never is. I wish phones come with this stuff already on. I also wish there was a better solution. Especially since nice cases can cost so much
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you do purchase a new phone make sure to get a quality case that will not allow the screen t...

If there's one available for whatever pone you have get an INCIPIO DUAL PRO Case it barely adds anything to the device in size but protects it well and has a soft rubber feel that looks sleek and is amazingly comfortable in the hand. I never put a screen protector but I baby my phone and make sure nothing is ever in the same pocket as my phone. seriously though the case I said I highly recommend it's amazing and the first case I've been 100 % happy with. I have OCD as well and feel great with this case 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Damn! Do you ever sleep Paul? I also never place anything in my pocket with my phone but somehow I have 2 scratches on the front of the iphone from 1.5 years ago. I cried over that. I'm so OCD I once got my phone exchanged since the person who set it up took off the protective plastic film (the time before iPhones). I leave that stuff on as long as I can. And when it does come off I get the pleasure of taking the film off (like Raj in the Big Bang Theory). I now tell the Kiosk I will open and setup the phone at home and to never open the box when I buy the phone. Most koodo people understand especially when I tell them I'm OCD and I open it while sitting on carpet surrounded by fluffy blankets (my version of a "clean room" LOL)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sleep what's sleep lol. That's hilarious I'm the exact same way and have told them I didn't want the first phone they gave me because they touched it and NOBODY touches my phone EVER lol. It's great to hear others are just as anal about their phone as me & I'm not completely crazy. I feel better now and I can now sleep lol. Have a great night.. Day,,, Afternoon... whatever gotta boot down & hit the dock (or bed as some call it) now I'm running out of battery 😉
Userlevel 7

Trident Makes great Cases as well, I've already dropped my Z10 out of my truck with the case on and there was nothing wrong with it. Trident Aegis. And they're made in North America! Yay
Badge +4

Still have the original factory film that came with the S2x and many other devices. Nothing worse than getting so much as a fingerprint on such a pristine looking touch screen. Can't say that I'm OCD, I just like the idea of being able to sell a device in mint condition, if and when that time comes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ Chad, Hey! I'm made in China.... no wait I was made in Winnipeg. But my parents were imported from China... almost. Hong Kong, but that's basically China. @rikkster, the Galaxy S4 sucks in that the film [b]has to be removed for the phone to be usable 😞 @Paul, I feel the same with my phone. People look at me weird when they ask if they can use my phone and I say no lol. But then I tell them I also make girls take off their muddy shoes before I let them in my car too so I do this to everyone lol
Userlevel 7

Hey, No offense intended. I'm imported too and I didn't mention any country in particular. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's all in fun 😛
Userlevel 7

Lol I think we're all Imported sometimes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I bought the most awesome case for my GS4 on eBay for $3, it came from China and was here within a week. It has a two part hard case with a soft cover, it even has a stand... and it's ever so sturdy. Best money ever spent 🙂 (Though my husband just said NO WAY best money ever spent was our wedding licence when he IMPORTED me) 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My brother got this case: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10833&cs_id=1083306&p_id=9562&seq=1&format=2 I dont think it will absorb too much of a fall. But it is grippy and comes with a stand. He doesnt even use the belt clip. Just FYI I'm not endorsing this case in any way. With cases I think we are reaching the point where there are too many options. Stuff made from china are also very generic with no set names which can make things difficult 😞
Userlevel 1
I think you should probably buy your son this type of phone 😉 : http://youtu.be/zFv9_zKNv1s