Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My phone was suspended several days for no reason

I got a new koodo phone number on 16th,May .and then I got a message on 19th,May . "Your service has been suspended due to suspicious usage. Call *611 to restore."then I called *611, they gave me a telus email and I sent the documents they required . Today is 25th, my phone is still suspended! Anything wrong ? It's really bothering as I left this phone number in my resume as I am looking for a new job here. Could you do anything to help me to restore my phone ? One week passed ,still suspended !!!

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jiang,

If you really need your phone, I would call Koodo to see what's really happening with your request.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

If you really need your phone, I would call Koodo to see what's really happening wi...

That message typically suggest that something triggered a fraud alert. Doesn't always mean it's the case, but given the sensitivity not much is disclosed even if customer is used. Customer is asked to provide additional personal info, an investigation is started and either all is good and account is reinstated or remains closed. It all depend on the findings. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

If you really need your phone, I would call Koodo to see what's really happening wi...

Can the customer get a status update on his case Bernard?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

Not really, beyond that the account is still being looked at. Any more info would aid those who really want to commit fraud. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

Sorry.  I didnt mean the details of the investigation, but at least an estimated time when the investigation may be completed.  A week is a very long time to be without service
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

I am a new immigrant here. And I want to know when I can use my phone. One week passed, and I do not know anything about the status. I have offered the photo of both sides of my PR card, my sin number,a bank statement as proof of my address. If more materials needed,could you email me? The worst thing is that I totally have no idea when I can use my phone.
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

It seems I could call your help *611 yesterday . But today I even can not call *611. Very very sad.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

I understand your frustration but there unfortunately isn't much that you can do. I don't know why it takes so long sometimes either as it should be quicker but it is what it is sadly. Maybe you can try calling from another phone or Skype or something to see if anything can be done but for the most part it's whenever the fraud department clears it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

ID verification can take some time and often varies in length. Hence the reason why giving even estimated time is difficult. 
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

so no body can connet me for over one week , and when my phone can be reused is a still unkown problem .if you want to suspend my phone for the whole life ,pls tell me directly !!!
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

If I omit some important things , I will contact my lawyer ,you kodoo should be responsible for it at some extent
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

and I don't know why some of my comments are deleted ? why ? you suspend my phone , and I should keep silent waiting for 2 months or longer ?
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

I can not call *611 now !!!  I write to the mail you gave to me ,and no feedback , nothing !! nothing feedback!!
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

ANGRY!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

No comment has been deleted from what I can tell. Is the name the one you are using here is the one on your Koodo account as well?
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

No . Different one. I post the question on behalf of my friend as she does not have a Facebook account. Can I gave her koodo account through some private way, I mean not publish her account here. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jiang,

You can contact Koodo via private message on Facebook or twitter.

I recommend that your friend just create a dummy account to speak with Koodo
Userlevel 6
I'm fairly sure that they will not give you info on your friends account for security reasons. Your friend will have to contact Koodo via Facebook or Twitter, or call in. I suspect that if their account is still under investigation at this point, something more is going on.