Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My phone is talking to me, how do I get it to stop?

why does my cell phone talks when I get a txt message or a call coming in, its says you have a message from than the name of the person who is sending me a txt and also say you have a call from than says the number that is calling my cell thanks

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Samsung?
Userlevel 3
A lot of phones will have this feature which can be turned off/on in the settings. Which phone are you using ?
Boolanger wrote:

A lot of phones will have this feature which can be turned off/on in the settings. Which phon...

l am using a Samsung cell phone
Userlevel 7
Some apps that use the accessibility services can also inadvertently turn on talk back service in some samsung devices. Have you recently installed such an app? If you want to continue using it you'll need to disable the Google text to speech engine by navigation to Settings...apps...running... And Tap disable on the Google tts engine.
Chad Burr wrote:

Some apps that use the accessibility services can also inadvertently turn on talk back service in...

yes I know a man answered my question but don't know how to turn it off, dont understand how to do it the way he is saying to turn it of and I have not installed such an app or any app, it just stated doing this yesterday, I do not want the talk back service on ,i want to turn it off
I am using a Samsung cell
I am using a Samsung cell and I do not want to continue using this feature
I am using a Samsung cell and I do not want to continue using this feature, how do I turn it of so it stops talkin like that, thanks
Userlevel 7
Ed Playfair wrote:

I am using a Samsung cell and I do not want to continue using this feature, how do I turn it of s...

Some brilliant,and dare I say incredibly handsome man, has answered your question above.
yes I know a man answered my question but don't know how to turn it off, dont understand how to do it the way he is saying to turn it of and I have not installed such an app or any app, it just stated doing this yesterday, I do not want the talk back service on ,i want to turn it off
Userlevel 7
On your phone hit settings First try going to accessibility and look to see if talk back is enabled If it isn't. You'll need to goto settings, apps, Swipe on the screen to running applications Disable the Google text to speech engine.
Chad Burr wrote:

On your phone hit settings First try going to accessibility and look to see if talk back is en...

yes my talkback says off
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

On your phone hit settings First try going to accessibility and look to see if talk back is en...

So then you'll need to disable google text to speech engine.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Here is an app that may help you: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shakej.disable.tts.samsung&hl=en
Chad Burr wrote:

thanks you for the help, but it didn't work at all cant not find google text at all and also had a friend look at it and he said the talkback is of all ready cause it says off were its says talkback
thanks you for the help, but it didn't work at all cant not find google text at all and also had a friend look at it and he said the talkback is of all ready cause it says off were its says talkback
Userlevel 7
Ed Playfair wrote:

thanks you for the help, but it didn't work at all cant not find google text at all and also had ...

Even though talk back says it's off, there is a bug in some samsung phones that makes app's trigger talking. Did you try the app I linked to above?
Ed Playfair wrote:

thanks you for the help, but it didn't work at all cant not find google text at all and also had ...

yes I did try the app and still the same
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is there an option that says driving mode?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

were would I found driving mode ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Typically under settings->language and input
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

ok I got in and were it says text to speech its had google text to speech checked and I unchecked it and checked Samsung tts will that fix it
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

ok it didn't matter if that was unchecked or not but its not talking now have no clue why its started or stopped