Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my phone is not working in usa

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you be a little more specific, please? Are you monthly or prepaid? There's no roaming available on prepaid.
Userlevel 7
Make sure that roaming is enabled in your phones settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your not on a roaming plan, most of the time a few minutes into the U.S the phone usually will stop working as normal. Call in or use Self Serve to add a International Roaming Add-On to your account. Try doing it over Self-Serve before calling,
Userlevel 7
Chadwick wrote:

If your not on a roaming plan, most of the time a few minutes into the U.S the phone usually will...

That is never the case Chad. If you don't have a roaming plan, you just get a higher bill than if you did have a roaming plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

If your not on a roaming plan, most of the time a few minutes into the U.S the phone usually will...

Never say never. I went to the states. And my phone stopped working shortly after I got there. I couldn't call, couldn't text or anything. Got home and it started working again. Did not have any extra charges on my phone other than normal billing. So if it's never the case I'm not sure what happened to me lol
Userlevel 7
Chadwick wrote:

Are you prepaid? If not, did you take international roaming add-on off of your account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

No sir. Monthly customer with a bill. Lg g3. The plan is 55$ a month not including tab charges. Only thing I turn off when I use data/trav4l is turn offf my sync feature. I liked that it stopped working as it was a quick trip for shopping and didn't really need my phone. I figured it was normal. Its starting to sound like it was more of a one time thing. Thankfully it didnt bill me lol