Feedback
my number not in service | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

my number not in service

• 9 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I just transitioned to Koodo

I am able to make calls but no one is able to call me and rather getting a message that the number is not in service...pls be informed that when I migrated my services from Virgin to koodo...my number was suspended as my phone got lost a day before...

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you bring over a number from another provider a text message is sent to the number at the original provider to confirm that you are the one requesting the transfer. If you don't have access to this phone anymore, you'll likely need to contact Virgin to confirm the port request and allow the number to be moved to koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just transitioned to Koodo

I am able to make calls but no one is able to call me and rather getting a message that the number is not in service...pls be informed that when I migrated my services from Virgin to koodo...my number was suspended as my phone got lost a day before...

In addition to Timo’s comment on confirming the port transfer, do note that your phone line has to be active in order to proceed with the port transfer. Since you mentioned your number was suspended after you lost your phone, it may be part of the reason why your number was not successfully ported out to Koodo. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo