Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My Nexus 4 is dead and I still have a few months until the end of contract. What should I do?

It seems this cell phone has a design problem and you can find too many complains in the net. It dies before the battery dies. Thanks to LG! Does Koodo replace it or I should buy another phone while I am still paying for the TAB?!!!!

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Call customer care and ask them if they can help you with your tab, they will look into helping you with it 🙂
Userlevel 5
Are you sure it's dead? It may just be playing possum! I don't know anyone who's had their nexus 4 die before the battery. Some recommended reading before you give up: https://www.google.com/search?q=nexus+4+won%27t+turn+on&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 My friend tried a couple of these suggestions a year ago and her Nexus 4 is working great. Good luck!
Elinor wrote:

Are you sure it's dead? It may just be playing possum! I don't know anyone who's had their nexus...

I have tried all of them, but no use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Elinor wrote:

Are you sure it's dead? It may just be playing possum! I don't know anyone who's had their nexus...

How old is your phone? Do you still have warranty on it?
Elinor wrote:

20 months. No more warranty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Elinor wrote:

Koodo can still send it to repair. But you'll need to pay it out of your pocket.(it could be expensive) Or you can check your local repair shop. I found a good repair shop in my area and they fixed it with reasonable price. (I went to 6-7 different places to talk to people at store and I checked all their reviews to make my decision.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could pay off your tab owing and grab a new phone at the same time on a new tab, just visit your local Koodo kiosk. You could also pay off your tab in self serve then visit your local Koodo kiosk and grab a new phone on a new tab.
It seems there is something wrong with the screen only. I called myself and the phone rang. I could even answer the call by dragging on the screen,but there is no light.