Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My LG GB 255g has started showing a square box with an R icon. What does it mean?

Where can I find a list of icons for the LG GB255g phone?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you mean in the right hand top corner? Usually that means you're on Roaming. Are you close to the border? Here is a list of manuals and documents available for that phone, hopefully it'll give you the answer you're looking for 🙂 http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support-mobile/lg-GB255G
It is in the center/left next to the bluetooth icon. I will double check but I have not had it on roaming. No I am not near the border so I don't have that worry. I've checked the manuals but there are no lists of icons.
Userlevel 7
Make sure your phone is actually connected to the Koodo network. If your phones network settings are on automatic, it may connect to a foreign network which could be a reason the R is showing up.
When I manually choose a network the only networks that show are Telus and Rogers. Could that be the issue?
Userlevel 7
Iris Davies wrote:

When I manually choose a network the only networks that show are Telus and Rogers. Could that be ...

Select telus, that should work the same as selecting koodo.
Iris Davies wrote:

When I manually choose a network the only networks that show are Telus and Rogers. Could that be ...

Still have the R
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Iris Davies wrote:

Might be roaming on another network, due to the changes recently enforced by the CRTC to require all carriers to allow roaming on other carriers networks. There should be no cost to you sad long as you are on a Canadian network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Iris Davies wrote:

Virtual Star
Userlevel 1
So does that mean now I can roam on Rogers towers with this new law you mention? As I visit a friend in northern Ontario. And I get no signal in the past. As only one Rogers tower in the area in question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
YDOUTHINK wrote:

So does that mean now I can roam on Rogers towers with this new law you mention? As I visit a fri...

That is what is supposed to happen.