Koodo Community
Solved

Msg from Koodo for Manitoba network ?

• 30 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have received a msg from Koodo stating that network in Manitoba will be changing in Winnipeg and Brandon and to avoid calling coverage, I need to make changes to my account before March 16.

What is this about ?

Regards

icon

Best answer by Dinh 30 January 2021, 03:29

There were several reports in the forum about it. Telus/Koodo  moved away from 3G/HSPA and only use LTE in the region. As a results, you would need a device and a cellular plan support calling via VoLTE to use that network.

The problem with Prepaid is the lack of  VoLTE on all of their prepaid plan (not sure if they changed it for the Manitoba region or not). So you might have trouble of make/receive call if they turn off the HSPA/3G network your area.

I would suggest contact them directly for more detail.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There were several reports in the forum about it. Telus/Koodo  moved away from 3G/HSPA and only use LTE in the region. As a results, you would need a device and a cellular plan support calling via VoLTE to use that network.

The problem with Prepaid is the lack of  VoLTE on all of their prepaid plan (not sure if they changed it for the Manitoba region or not). So you might have trouble of make/receive call if they turn off the HSPA/3G network your area.

I would suggest contact them directly for more detail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@DGAH I see that you are postpaid (pay monthly) customer of ours who when joined us brought their own phone. What model phone do you have currently?