Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Motorola Moto G 2nd Generation

Hi Koodoo! I would like to buy the Motorola Moto G (2nd gen), are you planning to include this new version of the Motorola Moto G soon in your collection? And any idea when? Thanks!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Nienke, There hasn't been any official word whether or not Koodo will be getting the new Moto G, only time will tell. Best thing to do is check back here on the Koodo community or on the Facebook page for updates for new phones. Hope that helps answer your question
Userlevel 2
Nienke, I have the original Moto G, which I got in April of this year. Thanks to the many Motorolla Assists updates I have received it is probably 95 per cent functionally comparable to their new offering. I am very happy with my Moto G, You would probably be able to get either Moto version and be satisfied. Hope this helps.
Userlevel 2
Mike Sheehan wrote:

Nienke, I have the original Moto G, which I got in April of this year. Thanks to the many Mot...

As another original G owner, I must have missed the software update that would stretch my screen to 5", improve the camera, and retrofit an SD card slot... 🙂 Not everyone may necessarily want the extra screen size. But the others are nice little incremental improvements. The guts of the phone are the same, except the cameras and speakers.
Userlevel 2
Mike Sheehan wrote:

Nienke, I have the original Moto G, which I got in April of this year. Thanks to the many Mot...

OK Northern Raven. The new G may have some hardware improvements. However, I still have 15 months on my Koodo tab. I PERSONALLY, would not line up for the new G (or the new IPhone) until my tab is paid off, NIENKE, now has enough facts to make her own decision.
Userlevel 2
Mike Sheehan wrote:

Well, no, no-one is going to throw out a few-month-old G for a G2. But the original poster is making a new purchase decision, quite a different matter. "95 per cent functionally comparable" is quite misleading, given the change in screen size, and probably the SD slot, since it is an 8GB phone, after all. If someone really wants the large screen, but would settle for the old model if it was significantly cheaper, it is an interesting problem. Koodo has the old one at $150, but if they don't carry the new one, you'd have to buy it unlocked at retail, with Motorola protecting high retail profit margins for Canadian retailers. But if you wait and see, and Koodo doesn't carry it, the old G stock may sell out.
Userlevel 2
Mike Sheehan wrote:

So her decision boils down to "one in the hand or two in the bush". 😃
I have the same dilemma. Thinking of going with the Galaxy Core LTE now for SD slot and LTE 150 Mbps
Userlevel 3
The LTE on the core is very spotty. Moto G is a better phone hands down, Firstly because no touchwiz
Ok I won't get the Core then. How long do you think it will be till Moto G 2nd gen will be available from Koodo?
Userlevel 5
I don't think there is a plan for Moto G 2nd gen yet in Canada, at least carrier wise, I think Staples sells them at but the price is ridiculous $249. the new 2014 Moto G (I have one myself) its mainly an upgrade on Camera , and a slightly bigger screen, everything else is more or less the same. If you are really keen on getting them, they are 140+tax in the US 🙂 You can always take a sim only plan and save on monthly bill after
My old Canadian carrier which I switched to Koodo from carries it; Speakout 7eleven for $199. I noticed a few days ago, though it just sold out today. http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/prepaid-cellphones
Userlevel 1
I want to get a new phone and would really prefer getting the Moto G second gen, is there any idea that they will be available soon?