Koodo Community

Community

Modify IVR message to mention assistance with self serve

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As a tech support rep, I am personally becoming tired of customers starting a call with "I don't know if I chose the right option, but I forgot my self serve password." Can one of the IVR options be modified to indicate to customers which option to choose for self serve problems? (can be care or tech, doesn't matter which).

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Heh, now try it in two languages. But yeah, I agree, the IVR could be a bit easier to navigate. Plus, I'm pretty sure all those selections after option 5 are superfluous as I think they all send you to the same queue.
Userlevel 6
Why do you think people don't just use the 'forgot password' feature that's online? Do they lock themselves out after x many tries and they have to call?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In my experience, by the time people have forgotten the password they've forgotten either what they entered for the secret question and answer or how they entered it. (with caps? without caps? with punctuation? no punctuation? spaces?)
Userlevel 5
Hey Timo,

That's a fair point. Our IVR options change on a regular basis, so the upkeep tends to be a lot greater than you can imagine. We're going to park this idea for now.