Koodo Community
Solved

Mobile phone number transfer

• 19 February 2021
  • 17 replies

I want to switch my phone provider to koodo but I want to keep my current phone number that I have with a different carrier. I looked it up and it says my number is eligible to transfer so I tried phoning the number that the koodo assist gave me and it just directed me back to the koodo assist and it hung up. Do I have to do this in person?

icon

Best answer by madisonlj 19 February 2021, 20:36

Not currently, I’ve been trying to make an account online but it’s not letting me. Do I have to do this in person?

The number it gave me is 1(866)995-6636

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not currently, I’ve been trying to make an account online but it’s not letting me. Do I have to do this in person?

@madisonlj : so you are trying to buy a phone/plan with Koodo?

If so, you can follow this guide https://www.koodomobile.com/switch

You would need an activation email from Koodo to create an account with them. You can’t create an account before that email arrives.

Userlevel 2

@Dinh go for it bud. You're not hurting me one bit. I do however find it funny how you're taking this so personal. And those are only guidelines. They arent rules of conduct. There's a differenxe between guidelines and rules of conduct. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dinh and this is another reason why not having a customer support line is a bad idea because you have people like me that like to voice their opinion. And Anyone can see this so hey the more I write the more views there are. That's how the interweb works 

Here is the guideline of for posting in the community. I don’t think you ever read it. Hopefully you can read it before posting more.

And Yes @Peter-Goezinya , I will flag. It is how the web works.

Userlevel 2

@Dinh and this is another reason why not having a customer support line is a bad idea because you have people like me that like to voice their opinion. And Anyone can see this so hey the more I write the more views there are. That's how the interweb works 

Userlevel 2

@Dinh if it makes you feel that much better about yourself. Here's another reason

Userlevel 2

I will flag you as a spammer.

Then flag me as a spammer and get over yourself

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You dont need to create an account.  You need to sign up with a plan or phone and plan first.  When this happens, you will be sent a sim card and a confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm you account.  From there you can port your number over.

Like the conversation above, Koodo will be changing their plans on Feb.23, so if you like the current plans, it is best that you sign up now.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/02/18/koodo-plan-changes-province-wide-calling-separate-pricing-byod-tab/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, it's information now that you are hiding. I did help and respond to his question. Now you and I are discussing. If you guys want to block me go for it. Koodo is still losing out on money that they can prevent not to

I am not hiding anything. Please don’t tell lie!.

The question is “I want to keep my current phone number that I have with a different carrier?”. Did you answer it? If you want to snowball everyone, I will flag you as a spammer.

Userlevel 2

Trying to help these people be informed. What Koodo is doing isn't right. And I will continue to post in other threads on this topic until Koodo retracts their statement

You are not helping anyone. You got a topic and if people want, they can read it.

If you think you are helping, please answer their question. If you don’t and insist on posting everywhere, I believe it is a spamming tactic. That could lead to banning of your account here .

No, it's information now that you are hiding. I did help and respond to his question. Now you and I are discussing. If you guys want to block me go for it. Koodo is still losing out on money that they can prevent not to

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Trying to help these people be informed. What Koodo is doing isn't right. And I will continue to post in other threads on this topic until Koodo retracts their statement

You are not helping anyone. You got a topic and if people want, they can read it.

If you think you are helping, please answer their question. If you don’t and insist on posting everywhere, I believe it is a spamming tactic. That could lead to banning of your account here .

Userlevel 2

I'd recommend not going with koodo seeing as they want to charge $5 for Canada wide calling for newcomers 

If Koodo increase, other carriers will follow. Don’t be surprise with your other carrier at that time.

If you get enough pissed off people other carriers won't 

Please stay in the main thread of your complaint. The OP is asking a question. You got all the space and attention in other thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'd recommend not going with koodo seeing as they want to charge $5 for Canada wide calling for newcomers 

If Koodo increase, other carriers will follow. Don’t be surprise with your other carrier at that time.

Please stay in the main thread of your complaint. The OP is asking a question. You got all the space and attention in other thread.

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@madisonlj : Are you currently a Koodo customer yet? Have you got access to your self-serve?

If you want to transfer the number to Koodo. You can follow this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

And which number did the Koodo assist give you btw?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Userlevel 2