Koodo Community
Solved

Micro Sim in LG Optimus One? Help!

I bought an LG P500 from some lady and when I got home I realized that I have a micro SIM in my old phone and this one has a spot for a normal one. I have been trying to make this darn SIM card fit perfectly on the connectors, but it's not working out... It almost doesn't look like the micro SIM will cover all the connectors, but the gold plate on the back of a micro SIM and a normal SIM are the same. Anyway, if I actually CANNOT get the micro SIM to fit, would I be able have my micro SIM info transfered to a regular SIM? Thanks in advance! Also, the micro SIM card is with Koodo. 🙂

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can just buy a regular sim from koodo for $10 and transfer over your number via self serve
Awesome! Thank you, Dennis.
Userlevel 1
I would highly suggest buying the new sim rather than buying a SIM adapter if you are considering it. The price works out the same but the new sim is the much better way to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mo D. wrote:

I would highly suggest buying the new sim rather than buying a SIM adapter if you are considering...

I second Mo. Sim adapters are dangerous and could damage your device.
Mo D. wrote:

I would highly suggest buying the new sim rather than buying a SIM adapter if you are considering...

I had seen those adapters online, but have no intentions of using one. Thanks, gents.