Koodo Community
Solved

Mastercard debit - offered new phone and lower plan $ and cant accept $0 due but needs Visa Debit for $0

• 10 October 2020
  • 7 replies

So I was sent an offer to upgrade to an LG G8X 128GB for $15 month and lower my 4gb canada wide plan by $5 month, 0 due now, but $65 month and already a customer 1-2 years, yet cant get my $0 ZERO $ upgrade because I use BMO and they accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Visa Debit, but not Mastercard Debit, which it wanted online for a $0 charge, and wont go through because of it. CSR told me that no even though it says $0 to be charged to the card, IF YOU HAD A VISA DEBIT it would still be charged a month fee and a processing fee totally contradictory to the $0 as you check out and no fee for phone nor for plan as none of it due now, very clearly says ZERO now due but needs card. So discriminates people with MC Debit cards, but not Visa debit and MC debit card holders cant get their upgraded phone and cheaper plan with same gigs and plan becasue they bank with BMO, but take every other payment option and shouldnt be a payment option asked for when it is $0 being charged. So angry, I work for Apple and will be telling them about Koodo and how they treat customers and how they need payment details for $0 charge and during covid with no booths open here. Ridiculous and made complaint to BBB and CCTS to try to get them to go above and I also worked with Telus CEO, CFO COO, and EVP of Operations and Finanace who im emailing next and surely will go to top of Koodo.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 10 October 2020, 00:40

If you are referring to the online process when you checked out with webstore, then only “credit cards” are accepted. Visa Debit or MasterCard debit were not accepted by them https://www.koodomobile.com/webstore-policies

Even the amount due now is $0, they still required a credit card (they mentioned it was a security measure for online transaction). I would suggest you try again with a normal credit card (not the debit one), and see if the transaction goes through.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are referring to the online process when you checked out with webstore, then only “credit cards” are accepted. Visa Debit or MasterCard debit were not accepted by them https://www.koodomobile.com/webstore-policies

Even the amount due now is $0, they still required a credit card (they mentioned it was a security measure for online transaction). I would suggest you try again with a normal credit card (not the debit one), and see if the transaction goes through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They need credit card, not debit card for online purchases. It's not discriminates.

You can make complaint or tell your friends about it,  But, most companies I did it online purchase required credit card information and I believe many people have same experience too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That was so difficult to read.  I hope your email to the CEO, CFO COO, and EVP is worded and spaced out a little bit better.

First to address this in regards to my TIA and mini-strokes less than 6 months ago, and the fact I was angry at the time of writing it, with a right hand that doesn’t work well at all due to my series of min strokes, im adding to this message instead of the entirely new one i wrote below.

Dennis wrote:

That was so difficult to read.  I hope your email to the CEO, CFO COO, and EVP is worded and spaced out a little bit better.

And nice dig at my difficulty to write properly, as said I took a series of mini-strokes and haven’t been them same since in regards to my thinking….but thank you for pointing that out. That my friend is someone discriminating. I could be mentally handicapped and for you to say something like that is out of line. I use talk to text as my right hand still doesnt work 100%.  It adds things, misses commas, accents, everything and adds Oh all the time for no reason. I said above that i was was not being discriminated against, it seemed that BMO was and felt that way, not that it was. But to tear into me because i have a mental deficiency due to medical issues, ie my mini strokes, is really nice of you to take a swing at, you saw a reply 2 times, then the 3rd took a swing at me about my writing, and its structure. Grammar and stroke victim police. I didn’t know that was your job? IM 47 not some child or 20 something spoiled phone baby and am a tech for one of the largest phone manufacturers in the world, theres a fight amonsgst the big two and i work for the one in California. We have an employee purchase program I just dont have a lot of money to spend so want ed them to come through on their offer. Read below and you can see how you are “Currently” incorrect to the other two on check outs, as I used a Visa Debit for my mother and her visa debit, no mistaking it mini stroke or not, I also did 10 years for a bank in Canada and 10 years corporate finance in San Diego, some even with mini strokes somethings are burned into your mind like how banking works. 

I understand and I knew this a couple years ago however about six months ago after talking to Telus executives I was made aware that Visa debit was now available and then on the actual selection when you check out now it has Visa debit as a selection and it will let you do it because we made a purchase with my mother's Visa debit online 4 days ago. I understand you have this link to your web store policies, however it's out of date, and like I said I know 100% that Visa debit works as we used my mother's Scotia Bank checking account Visa debit card to make a purchase for her and a plan same thing as I was doing, just 4 days ago. On top of it I'll repeat myself on the drop-down menu it says Visa Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Amex oh, that's how we knew we could use her card and we did and it worked great. Like I said I've been a customer for about two-and-a-half years and I've had to go into the store for a couple things but did use my mother's Visa debit a couple times but she's a way right now and with covid-19 going around she's very highly susceptible 2 illness oh, so she does not come around very often at all she just needed help with her purchase a few days ago and that was it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm responding to you as I would respond To anyone with a similar post.

If you are unaware, I don't know who you are, I cannot see you, or your medical history.

I am also not a mind reader and can only use the info posted on here. I'm sorry if you are having difficulty due to your medical condition. But how would I have ever known that?

If you grammar and writing is due to your medical condition, you may want to start with that when you send your email to the CEO, COL, CFO, and EVP.