Koodo Community

Community

Make people chose the right answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some thread can get lots of reply, while not most of them are useful for answering the question. This is how I think a "This post answered my question" system should be implemented! Somekind of JUMBO star that would auto promote the answer on top of everything else. The normal stars would serve as a thank you and the JUMBO star as a : Thanks I finally solved my problem! Something like that

9 replies

Badge +4
I'm not sure if we can 'make' people choose the right answer, but it could certainly be a way to improve how we search for the best answer to a topic. In light of GetSat's minimalist approach though, I'm not sure if this would be something they'd be able to readily implement. Perhaps an idea to pose to GetSat? (Shouldn't this be posted as an idea as well?)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They already have this as ppl are supposed to be staring the right answer until it's promoted to the top as the promoted answer, it takes 3 stars to promote the answer to the top. If 3 ppl star it then 99% of time it's what's going to solve the issue as we all know how to fix almost every single issue right away.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

They already have this as ppl are supposed to be staring the right answer until it's promoted to ...

Yeah, but not too many people use the star system unfortunately...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They already have this as ppl are supposed to be staring the right answer until it's promoted to ...

So if they don't use the star system what would make them use this system?
Badge +4

Better visibility. The light gray colour scheme doesn't exactly jump out at you.
Userlevel 6
However if 3 people promote a wrong answer or one that didn't work for the User then it's less helpful. The original poster should have the ability to flag the answer that best answered it for them, personally.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

However if 3 people promote a wrong answer or one that didn't work for the User then it's less he...

I guess I just have yet to see a promoted answer be the incorrect answer
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Remember that GetSat is a "no frills" tool and that they don't offer much customization. I like the idea, but this may be something to post on GetSat boards instead of Koodo's.
Userlevel 2
Maybe if a Mobile Master "stars" an answer, it should be auto-promoted immediately -- assuming of course that they can be trusted 😉