Koodo Community
Solved

Lost phone while traveling, still abroad, how can I keep my number when buying new phone?

Hello,

I was travelling to Colombia because of a death in the family. 

While here my phone was stolen. 

I want to buy a new phone from koodo and choose a new plan, but it is not clear to me what I have to do to accomplish this.

I really don’t want to have to change numbers.

I tried to get a call back from a koodo representative, but they can’t call non-canadian numbers. I will be back on August 5th, but would love to get this process going so that I can have a phone when I get back.

Thank you for your help!

Best,

NewMyths

icon

Best answer by Goran 22 July 2021, 00:08

All you have to do is go on koodomobile.com and select the phone and plan you want after logging in. You should also have your phone reported stolen on Koodo self-serve so you don't have to worry about anyone potentially racking up charges. Then when you're back and have your phone and som card, you can have your line swapped to your new Sim card and have the account unlocked again. You can absolutely keep your number.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All you have to do is go on koodomobile.com and select the phone and plan you want after logging in. You should also have your phone reported stolen on Koodo self-serve so you don't have to worry about anyone potentially racking up charges. Then when you're back and have your phone and som card, you can have your line swapped to your new Sim card and have the account unlocked again. You can absolutely keep your number.

Thank you! yes. I did report the phone stolen and the account is frozen right now. 

So the sim card is not the phone number, they can assign the number to the sim card after purchase?

Thank you for your help!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's correct! Sim swaps are very doable. Here is more info on how as well:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Alright. When I go to check out it wants to send me a code to my phone for verification. That is clearly not possible in this instance. What should I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Alright. When I go to check out it wants to send me a code to my phone for verification. That is clearly not possible in this instance. What should I do?