Koodo Community

Community

Solved

lost phone in Spain still here

Misplaced my cell phone - iphone6 on a flight/arrival to Barcelona in October 2015. Wrote immediately to notify. Still receiving $50.00 invoices mthly.   I am in Andalusia Spain until March 2016.  No phone, no service, no possibility of resolving. please suspend my service until I am returned to Canada. Please pretty please

10 replies

Userlevel 7
You can suspend your service directly from self-serve and seeing as you were able to make this post, you can also access self-serve as well: https://secure.koodomobile.com/sso/UI/Login?realm=koodo&locale=en&goto=aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVudGl0e...

If you want to stop being charged, you have to cancel your account completely 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

You can suspend your service directly from self-serve and seeing as you were able to make this po...

If your number is important to you, there is an option to change to a seasonal hold plan for $15 a month.

Otherwise, as Ahmad says, you have to cancel completely.
Ahmad wrote:

You can suspend your service directly from self-serve and seeing as you were able to make this po...

A lovely thought Ahmad but I cannot access self service online- I am not allowed.. not from Spain says the message.  can't call either. no phone.. technology is a lying proposition. and suggestions never ever work. sigh
Userlevel 6
Hey Alee! As Ahmad mentioned, you will still be responsible for the monthly charges if you're looking to suspend your service with the same plan.  Bob brought up a good point - you can also change your plan to the $15/month hold plan (+any tab charge that you currently have) and this keeps your number and tab. We do not have access to your account here since this is a public forum.  If you're looking to cancel your service completely, send us a detailed email herehttp://koo.do/11eMLdy and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.  Thank you!
naturally Melissa I must pay for service I do not receive. That's Corporate North America.
 Can't communicate at all with koodoo from Spain.  I wrote to Koodoo in the "contact us" tab.  Nada. No response..  Perhaps from Afghanistan I would succeed since service is excellent where there are wars, uprisings, terrorism and other events concerning horror.   What a hoax cell phone service companies are in Canada.  All of them.
Userlevel 4
Alee Gould wrote:

naturally Melissa I must pay for service I do not receive. That's Corporate North America.

There are Internet cafes and libraries in Spain. They all have computers. Try hoping on one and do as suggested. Not to sound rude but it's not Koodo fault that your in this situation. They are trying to help you.
Alee Gould wrote:

Oh Melissa,
I am a travel writer, not staying in Madrid or Barcelona.  Not in a swank hotel, with tapas bars lined up cobbled streets.  You might also be interested in learning that no one speaks English where I am.  Hardly a soul outside of a hotel /bar speaks or comprehends English in truth.  That's Spain for you.  Not only are there no libraries in Rodalquilar but if there was one, they would all offer keyboards in espanol only.  It is sweet of you to try to help.  I am so weary of advice that helps not at all.   Travel is educational.   It would benefit everyone on earth to travel more, work less.  Then knowledge and perhaps enlightenment would become trendy.  That would assuage my grief.  If it was possible to REACH Koodoo to suspend my services, I would agree with you. It is VERY difficult to communicate with anyone at Koodoo who has managerial capabilities. ie: suspending my service.  That appears impossible and that Melissa is not customer service.  vive and apprende  Alee 
Userlevel 6
Alee Gould wrote:

We have no reason not to want to help you out with your account Alee.  We are not able to make changes to your account at this time since this is a public forum and we do not even have access to your account. For immediate assistance, send us a detailed e-mail on this secured link http://koo.do/11eMLdy and choose "Social Media" as a category.  Please reply back once completed and I will go check out our inbox.  Thank you!

Alee Gould wrote:

Oh then please please Melissa suspend my service since October 26 2015, when I left Canada.  I sent a message today, not on the "social" secure link because it meant more complications.  Simplicity is intelligence at work.

ps.  I see from the Forum that I am not the only customer who is struggling with this issue.   Help us all please.  Offer a concise simplistic website offering authentic customer service.  

gracias espero,
Alee 
Userlevel 6
Alee Gould wrote:

Thank you for sending us an email.  Your email has been sent to our customer service team and they will reply back to you shortly.